1 more Aussie 09' 450R

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

Thanks guys, at least some people can appreciate it. I was over the moon with the outcome but when when the factory boys were checking this out at Finke and giving the thumbs up that really made my day.
Ended up with a few :bling: :bling: bits just because I could. I really like the graphics being tasteful IMO , so these are some of the bolt on bits
Talon hubs / stainless spokes / excel rims with tubliss system
ASV levers / pro taper bars and venhill cables
Scott's sub mount damper and rear disk gaurd
PWK 39
Billet engine covers (eBay seller mrmike from England)
Light speed frame gaurds, rear calliper gaurd
Steg pegz
Graphics by mx graphics (USA)
Seat bump stop by guts
Clarke oversize tank
Hammerhead levers
Galfer oversize front disk
IMS pegs with acerbis covers
FMF pipes / boysen RAD valve

The motor was rebuilt basically stock bottom end with top end having reworked head and cylinder lightly reworked.
Suspension done by GDR (Greenfield desert racing in Alice Springs) for my weight. For any Aussies out there, Stephen was an ex Finke winner quite a few times on cr500's and will listen and give you suspension aimed at your skill level, not the same shit they just pump out for everyone at the better known shops. The only advertising he does is by word of mouth and the fork leg stickers you see on the top off road racers around, including Toby price. Always super helpfull and great turn around times.
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
Gravel Scratcher

Ct scans came back with fractures to L1 and L2 vertebrae
Love hurts eh :roll:
finke 2 me 1 , not that I'm counting :lol:
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
ThaBing

Post by ThaBing »

Fantastic build. What shifter did you end up using??
Gravel Scratcher

Hammerhead for a crf450. I have big feet so went with +20 on the shifter, all good so far
vito.a

Post by vito.a »

Can you give me more detail on the clamp you to support the rear of the pipe?
What is it called and where did you get it?
Thanks