supermoto ignition

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
gsxrian

supermoto ignition

Post by gsxrian »

Hi guys new to the forum and to the 500 I have bought a gen1 500 hybrid supermoto and I'm looking for some advice. Current setup is stock barrel and head dep exhaust fmf silencer boyesen rad valve and a pwk 41 the engne just doesn't seem to work for supermoto use I've spoke to mre engines about the head just having issues wiit my bank letting me make international transfers so dnt want waste his time till I have this sorted. Any of you guys done an ignition swap for sm ie 250 from 01 of service honda even a digital vortex x10 on stock flywheel? Cheers in advance from the uk
gsxrian

Post by gsxrian »

This is probably a repeat questiion and I apologise for that I tried searching an couldn't find any specific info to supermoto use only that a 250 ignition is a good mod
james1985

Post by james1985 »

I would talk to a guy on here his screen name is roostius maximus. hes is and engine guy and also does a custom ignition ive spoke to him a few times super nice always wants to help. And is pretty much the go to guy for cr500's find him a pm him
1991 cr500 fmf fatty, power core, milled head, porting, reed spacer, lightened flywheel and pwk 39
gsxrian

Post by gsxrian »

Cheers james I have already spoken to him but don't want to waste his time until I have sorted international payments out with the bank the keep blocking them for fraud prevention
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

if i had to choose between stock 500 and my 1999 250 ignition for surpermoto id stay with stock

for trails and mx 250 is the way to go
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish