RE: Posting your own screw ups

Please Read To Fully Understand The Sites Purpose.
MojoScojo

RE: Posting your own screw ups

Post by MojoScojo »

While you may get poked in fun...

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another."
~Charles Dickens

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
~George Bernard Shaw
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

"I am the last gladiator in the New Rome. I go into the arena and I compete against destruction and I win! And next week if I go out there and fail, I'll get up and do it again"

"You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself. "

Evel Knievel
Mama

Post by Mama »

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.~Henry Ford

:wink:
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

Fuckum'

Eric Sargent 3-22-2010
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Failure, IS NOT AN OPTION!

Jack Schitt 3-22-2010
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
RideRed

Post by RideRed »

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

A radical is a man with both feet firmly planted in the air.
Roosevelt, Franklin D.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

RideRed aka Heat Gun Harry :rotfl:
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

2strokeforever wrote:RideRed aka Heat Gun Harry :rotfl:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

O.K. so here is my own screw up not a quote.

This was like 15 years ago...not that that was the last time I screwed up, this one is funny and dirtbike related.

I was going to race a local desert race here in Reno for Halloween, so I needed a new tire. I'm out in my poorly lit garage late on a Friday night installing my new M5B. I am in typical Friday night form, go ahead and guess what that means your probably not far off. I get it all aired up and I am putting everything away and I could have sworn I pulled 3 tire irons out of the box, but I am putting away 2. I can't remember how many I own so oh well if it is misplaced it will turn up.

The race is Sunday, so Saturday I go out and practice some dead starts and then get a little ride in to loosen up and make final adjustments...bike feels great!

Sunday I drive to the race and put on my gear plus my costume...I am a very serious racer you can tell. It was my second race ever and I was in the Novice class. I get up to the line and all is quiet. They drop the flag, my bike starts first kick, I launch using the kickstart as a peg and I'm fricking out and leading. So these races are right around 100 miles usually two 50 mile loops sometimes its the same loop sometimes they are 2 different loops. Anyway its me dressed as a bag of dogfood with a dogbowl on top of my helmet and a dogfood bag over my chest protector and another guy dressed as the Colonel Sanders brawling all day...he leads the fast stuff because I am a pussy and I take him down in the tech stuff. we are on the second lap about half way through and I have a pretty good lead on him going into the final tech sections and I have put a bunch of Intermediate riders between us...holy crap I might win! All of a sudden bike feels weird...man I have a rear flat "F" it, I am going to ride this flat to victory! There is a long section near a fence where we go one way and then right back against it so you can see who is chasing you....shit he is coming.....if I can get into the next tech section first, pretty tough to pass I could hold him off. I make it to the tech single track stuff before him and I am riding this flat like a pro! I catch up to the next intermediate rider and its my buddy Dolf....if I am catching him it has not been a great day for Dolf....I am screaming hopeing he will hear me and see I am in the lead and do some blocking for me. He hears my bike not me doesn't want to lose another position and blasts off....."F". well I still don't hear the Colonel yet so lets keep rolling. I get to this little off camber section and my now hammered tire walks off the rim enough I bail....The Colonel flys by me, game over. I bring the bike the last 10 miles or so home, I get first in my class and second overall and I am stoked I finished and did O.K.

I am now loading my bike in the truck, I get it in there and all strapped down and as I am closing the tailgate I see this piece of steel sticking out of my tire...man what is that a railroad spike or something, what did I pick up? As I get my head closer I recognize its form...yep a tire iron, it somehow made its way in the tire on Friday night.

I swear to never wrench on my bike under the Friday night influences, a promise I have of course not kept, and I realize how heavy duty heavy duty tubes are....that sucker was in there for 75 miles of blasting! I think about burying this in the back of my brain and never telling a sole, but man its too funny of a story so I tell everyone.

Thats my best CR500 mistake. Hope you get a good laugh out of my stupidity....I do all the time :D
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

i got a good one, went riding for a bit (bike was ripping) then had a break, ( i used the choke cause its -5c here and it cools of real fast), and im riding around for 20 min wondering why my bike is running like shit, change the needle clip and mess around with the idle mixture screw.... when i was putting the slide back in i noticed the choke was on :doh:
weird how it was still rideable with the choke on, i think the intelajet has something to do with that?
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Funny stories, but that's not the intent of this.

This came about because someone documented a project they were working on and experienced "difficulty" repeatedly. He posted pictures for discussion and was, in fact, ridiculed. He then decided he was too embarrassed about what he had done and deleted all he had posted. The community went looking for it as an example of what doesn't work, as it was a hot topic at the time and several people were trying to figure out what to do in this area.

Basically, it blew up into a huge thing.

The idea is this: If you can help a guy out by showing or telling what your experience was, you will garner far more respect by exposing it for discussion than hiding your shame. It is by far, the more noble thing to do. Help your fellow hoon out. That's what YOU came here for in the first place, right? If you don't share, you're being awfully selfish, and this whole concept DOES NOT WORK.

If you have something to contribute, good OR bad. DO! We may all laugh at you and your misfortune, but at the same time, you will have earned our respect.

Oh, and don't try to defend it, just laugh it off and roll with it. You'll be amazed at the amount of actual help and expertise you have access to.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MojoScojo wrote:Oh, and don't try to defend it, just laugh it off and roll with it. You'll be amazed at the amount of actual help and expertise you have access to.
Yup...... We are all human, and we all screw up. At least get a laugh out of it.

The only guys who have never fit in here were the ones who couldnt see any humor in what they did, or didnt do.

Its just dirtbikes, beer, broads, and the occaisional fuck-up.

Aint nothin' serious goin' on round here.....

Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Oops my bad.
Pony

Post by Pony »

That tire iron story is awsome! The best part is you being a bag of dog food lol.

Im sure everyone has done this is just depends on when it happens. Dont turn your fuel off while you are riding! My little rule is I only turn the petcock on or off when the bike is in the back of the truck.

Tore my MCL in my knee. Thats not that big of a deal, rode a little after this so I wouldnt lose my nerve but about 20 min later knee swelled up and couldnt walk. I figure I got off dang lucky.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I've fucked up plenty but there's no way I can top Pony.
I did take a lesson though bud. :lol:

I do have one of my racing buddy Sam we found out yesterday.
We worked really hard to get our vintage bikes ready for Gatorback last month. We both brought home trophies btw.
We're getting ready for Diamond Dons next week and Sam said his Ossa Stilletto forks hammered his ass at Gatorback.
We took the forks apart to see wtf was up with it. No fork oil! :lol:
He won't EVER live that one down because everybody calls him Mr. Wizard.
Last edited by Tharrell on April 7th, 2011, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I would NEVER have a petcock on a compitition bike!!!

Someone at Costa Mesa Speedway thought it was funny to shut off Jeff "OX" Kargola's petcock at a FMX show.

The bike quit on the ramp, he bailed, and flew like you did.... but he snapped his femur "compound" style and nearly bled out 20' from me.

Nasty....

Glad you didnt get hurt worse......
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Dammmm thats a long way to fall out of the sky.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:Dammmm thats a long way to fall out of the sky.

Last time Matt fell off from 4' high.... left this.

I dumped it at Glamis a few years back and went over the bars riding with Shanman. He said he never saw "..so much of ANYTHING flying through the air before!!"

:roll:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

AlisoBob wrote:
Rhino89523 wrote:Dammmm thats a long way to fall out of the sky.

Last time Matt fell off from 4' high.... left this.

I dumped it at Glamis a few years back and went over the bars riding with Shanman. He said he never saw "..so much of ANYTHING flying through the air before!!"

:roll:
:rotfl: isn't that the truth...I crashed last weekend, my buddy looked back right after I landed....he never looks back he just flies...we were on a very easy section...I asked him what made him look back..he said he could feel that I had crashed.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we could change this post into just posting screw ups.....its a section I could truely contribute too on a weekly basis at least.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

So anyway this isn't bike related but it still a stuff up before Christmas break I had to build a mate a long range fuel tank for his truck but I could only tack it up and one of my boys was to weld and pressure test it it's quite a large tank 350mmx750mmx2050mm wide holds 525 liters anyway my lad welds one side and rolls it over and hears a clunk coming from inside my tank I have a rigid camera so he looks inside and can clearly see one of my hammers in the center compartment of the fuel tank yep I had welded the lid on and left my estwing hammer in their so after cutting open my nice new fuel tank to retrieve it I haven't heard the end yet as I haven't seen the boys from work since I left bring on Monday first day back so Boys bring it on take the piss
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

Got an awesome hole shot once,
squeezed into a funnel neck at the end of the starting line strait tangling handle bars with a late braker .
He kindly applied the front brake for me .... super man had nothing on me.
I watched most of the field go threw the 1st turn from under my arm pit & stomach.
The landing wasnt so gracefull, but the kart wheeling bike looked great according to the crowd.

I didnt remount .... i got squashed .... YEH!
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
atc Sanchez

Post by atc Sanchez »

Greatest mistake left me with forming a quote
change your locks before you tell her its over