Cheap-O Train Horns...

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Cheap-O Train Horns...

Post by AlisoBob »

I just bought a "Cadillac 4 note Train Horn set" off eBay. There are a few guys who sell them. This is a Delco four horn matched set. There is an A, C, D, and F note horn. Mine were removed from a 1991 Deville. Heavy duty single conductor connector copper wire connectors were included for easy installation!

They were a GM option on selected Cadillacs, Buicks, Chevrolets and Oldsmobiles. The 4 Note horns sound like a REAL TRAIN! They are loud individually and very impressive when they are all sounded together.

I like the sound of Train Horns, but didnt want to deal with the hassle of compressors, trumpets, solenoids, and the cops. Real train horns are too friggin' LOUD!!!

These are just right... louder than stock, but not too loud. Cost about $60

Here is a video of the install, they fit factory perfect on some unused bumper tabs on my Duramax.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ehiXvd9 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Install took about 45 minutes, and I could not be happier with the cost, performance, sound, and ease on installation.

Rhino, you really need these for your Tonka Truck!!!!!!
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Not a bad idea. But, the reason I want a train horn is for the LOUDNESS. I want to park next to some tracks on a dark night with a spotlight and honk at the next guy that drives by while hitting them with the spotlight :lol:
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

I know an old post and sticky at that, but heres my cheap set of Nathan Airchime P5's, and old cast bells to boot. Got em at a yard sale for 150 bux some time ago. I have another P5, new cast bells, that mount under my Jeep. They are currently getting cleaned up, so its a bummer every time I pass by a bus stop full of people of color or the jerk offs sporting their Obama/Biden bumper stickers and nothing at the other end of that red button......140db at 1/4 mile with 140 psi, makes MF's come unglued

Just like this..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbA8SZBY0g
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I like this as long as we are talking horns!

:twisted:
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I need some horns for both of my trucks....niether has shit other than me screaming out of the window.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica