Curious about value of my Gen 3

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
cr_denny

Curious about value of my Gen 3

Post by cr_denny »

Well, I'd hoped this day would never come, and sorry if this may be posted in the wrong section, but it's looking like I may be selling a bike.

Is it too bold of a question to see what folks think it may be worth if I throw it out on the market? It’s a 2003 CR250 frame, with a 2001 CR500 motor. I’ve considered selling just the roller and keeping the motor, carb and pipe for a later date (maybe future Gen 5 conversion) It’s sprung for my 230lb fat ass. It’s got black Excel’s that I laced to the OEM hubs, the larger capacity custom aluminum tank, and the custom Fluidyne radiators. Very tough decision.

Here’s the build link:

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... highlight=

I appreciate any feedback. Of course, the pics on the link are a tad dated, but other than the usual scuffing that’s how it currently looks.
I can't say I looked too terribly hard, but other than MPS, Animalpower, and SH links out there for "new" ones, I couldn't gather a good starting point. This was a home build, with a stellar machinist/welder I found local in Phoenix.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

I paid nearly 3 for my 02 CRF450-that I had to tear down and re-weld the frame, do the airbox mod stuff, and button up several other things. But, the main part was done, and I wound up with a solid bike.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

thats a nicely built bike, It should bring good $
Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I've got a crisp $50 bill burning a hole in my wallet!

Kidding!
(Ok not kidding!)

What do you think it's worth as a roller?
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com