puking on WOT

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
2004jeepwrangler

puking on WOT

Post by 2004jeepwrangler »

Hello im new to the forms. I have an 1986 cr500, it will puke coolant out the over flow in 5 gear at WOT but stops when you let off. I have put a new head gasket cuz the original one was put in backwards causing it to puke all the time. And I would like to try and get more power out of this bike. Its all stock. It has a wisco piston. Its never been bored.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Does it ever stop puking? If it stops puking, and once its cooled off when you remove the cap, the water level should be just over the core tube.

If so, everythings fine... You cannot fill it to the tippy top, without it puking some out. This applies to all water cooled engines.
Homeskillet

Post by Homeskillet »

5th gear, WFO, more power.... I'm buying you a beer - that's PROPER 500 talk.
2004jeepwrangler

Yes it does stop. And I fill it to.the very top. So I guess I over filled it. I don't know a hole lot about two strokes. It still has the stock reeds what would be the best for mid and top end power? Im thinking of the wisco prolite piston too. If all else falls on the power im looking for ill just pony up the cash for the 596. Stroker.but I've never heard of anyone using one. So I don't knoe how well it will be . I want this to be an all out dune bike it has been to the drag strip a couple times. Time were 13 in quarter mile and 7.23 in 8th mile
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Consider putting a catch bottle behind the number plate.
Then it would suck it back up.
I saw some duners with catch bottles.
I'm assuming your bike is healthy.
2004jeepwrangler

I have some spare over flow bottles for a cannondale. This bike has some unrulie power in the mid to low end. Im used to riding for stoke bikes and this. Bike has some torgue so its easy to tame, except for the power band hit. Are thies bikes gas guzzlers?
CR525Bruce

Post by CR525Bruce »

Homeskillet wrote:5th gear, WFO, more power.... I'm buying you a beer - that's PROPER 500 talk.
:D
x491