GEN III 125 Coversion Pipe Issue

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Slabman

GEN III 125 Coversion Pipe Issue

Post by Slabman »

When buying my 02 roller I knew that there would be an issue with the front tire impacting the pipe during full compression. In a discussion with a much more knowledgable Hoon, I was horrified to be informed that trimming the expansion chamber would shift the band of my bike to a Top End Curve. I am using a 99 plant w/a FMF Gnarly on an 02 125R roller. Is there any combination of aftermarket or a subsequent CR model's triple clamp with alternative rake angles to avoid this? Maybe another twist or piece to the puzzle that's illuding me? I am really wanting to maintain the agility & sleek, nimble feel of the 125, but sacraficing low end power (& to what extent) is a serious issue for a hare scrambles rider. I'm also running an eline stator so flywheel weight is unknown @ this point & I'm not even sure if it can be swapped & maintain functionality. I know there have to be some knowledgable members out there that have or could scratch their helmets & point a 'young buck' @ this game in the right direction towards the 'rut'. THNX guys.
cmotodad

Post by cmotodad »

I have a Gen3 125/500. A good friend modded my PC pipe by rotating the welds. No change in dimensions and clears just fine.
Slabman

Post by Slabman »

What kind of conversion did you do? Billet Y or cradle? Can you post a few pics of your work?
cmotodad

Post by cmotodad »

If you look in the AF section., you can look up cmotodad and see the crf and cr125 we did. I made a billet Y with new cradles after we broke the stock Y on the 125. My son is an A class rider and we broke the frame again with the billet Y. I am now putting a crf Y on it. Each time has been cracks only.