PJ Carb Air screw o ring?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
AURORA

PJ Carb Air screw o ring?

Post by AURORA »

As usual I am confused. I have a 2001 Five Hundred. I just soaked the factory PJ carb in Berryman cleaner, used compressed air blowing the shit out of the carb, followed by B12 carb cleaner spray and more compressed air.

My question is; some people reference an o ring on the air screw. I did not find and o ring on the air screw. All I found was the screw a spring and a flat washer. I looked at the manual and microfiche. I cant find any reference to an o ring on the airscrew. Am I TFUAU or are people reference an oring on the air screw for a PWK carb.

BTW: my idle circuit was plugged up. Now all I have to do is get the jetting set for 1250 feet above sea level Phoenix. I have a 55 and a 172 stock needle on fourth clip.

Thx!
AURORA

Post by AURORA »

Temp 65 Degrees F

Carb: Factory PJ
Float 16mm
Pilot 52
Main 168
Needle: factory
32:1
100 Octane

Runns pretty damm good. Maybe a little rich at 1/4 throttle and slightly rich on the main pinned to a little backed off.
AURORA

Post by AURORA »

Now running a 165 main. At 3/4 to full throttle the exhaust tone goes flat and the motor feel flat. If I back off the throttle below 3/4 the exhaust tone becomes a higher pitch like the engine is more alive and the engine feels like it is making more power.

As a side note, I notice when I stop riding I notice some drops of fuel coming out of e over flow tube.

Anyone have any though on either of the issues?

Thx!