Post by TYSTYX »

:lol: :lol:

99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

that'll happen when you're a few thousand pounds lighter than the other guy. The chev wasnt even a 3/4 HD, cant see the frame rail under the cab like an HD.
I'd have put it in reverse and wfo about 20ft out :twisted:
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Well, that's pretty much why a diesel doesn't do great offroad, at least around here in the mud.
Tremendous torque.
My buddys ram 3500 gets stuck all the time because it spins so quick.
A more fair comparison would be a Duramax I think.
I don't know much about the Duramax but surely it would have put up a fight.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I have a cummins powered older dodge that I bought to gut the running gear out of to put into my IH crew cab 4x4 I was a little worried about the 300 extra pounds the cummins weighs over my 392 off road so I put my tires on the Dodge and took it out wheeling. The thing did great, I just let it Idle through everything. It was all snow and Mud and it handled it all really well with all the torque.

I'm going to get started on it soon. My green truck we have always called our family tractor...the cummins seems like a great tractor motor.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

My duramax is lighter on the front axle than a ford or dodge, it's still front heavy on a long jump.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Long Jump...haha your the man!!! The older cummins powered trucks, known as the gen 1 the motor sat further back, I tried to set my stuff down on the newer gen 2 frame cummins and the tires would have been in the door jam with the cab placed proper to the motor so we are playing with a hybrid of the gen one frame and some international rails. Should turn out cool...intercooler placement is a little tough but I will figure something out.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica