Levworks Gen 4 CRF 450x A/F Conversion

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Levworks

Levworks Gen 4 CRF 450x A/F Conversion

Post by Levworks »

I Guess i'll start by introducing myself. I just graduated as a mechanical engineer in the spring here in Charlotte. Now I work in racing on the SRT ALMS viper team. I am the one doing the driver change in the picture.

I have owned an '06 crf 450x street legal supermoto for about a year now and am now addicted to dirt bikes. I purchased a '94 cr500 locally sometime this summer and just this past weekend I got an '05 crf 450x with very low hours.

The plans? Put the cr500 into the '05 crf450x, ride it on the dirt until I can obtain a title for the bike then convert it to a supermoto and switch it back and fourth between dirt and street riding.

Pictures of the current inventory:

To start off I think I would like to leave the chassis fairly stock just until everything is running smoothly. As far as the engine goes, Here's a list of mods I have been looking into doing:

-Decompession valve and squish/chamber reshaping
-pulse injection system
-'02 cr250 ignition setup with flywheel (advised to use this by roostius maximus so I can run an hid bulb setup on the street)

I am here to post as much detail about the build as possible for others to learn from, and I am also here to take input from the experienced members of this board and pitch you guys ideas/ask for suggestions.

I am also looking into using the stoffers conversion kit for my frame. What are peoples feelings about this and are there other kits I should look into that are out there?
dirt - '94 cr500
street - '06 crf 450x
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Cool bikes man. Stoffers is the way to go for sure. He has done a bunch of guys bikes on here and from what I hear is great to deal with too.
Kevin
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

That pulse injection stuff is for the criminally insane hoon type that gargles with NO2

Getting everything lined up could be a pain as well, no rubber boot on the motor side.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Talk to Roosty. He's got one on his bike, did a real nice job mounting it up an his AF. I'm sure he can give you some tips. I rode that thing, and all I can say is hoo fucking WAA! Rode his modded motor first, then got on that pulse motor. Watched him pull away from me on that pulse bike like I was standing on the shoulder. Unbelievable power.
Levworks

Post by Levworks »

Sooo the 450x i recently bought came up as stolen when i went to apply for the title. Guess I'm searching for a new chassis for the swap.
dirt - '94 cr500
street - '06 crf 450x
AngryShawn

Post by AngryShawn »

Levworks wrote:Sooo the 450x i recently bought came up as stolen when i went to apply for the title. Guess I'm searching for a new chassis for the swap.
What a bummer, sorry to hear you are out $$$ on the X
Hopefully though the rightful owner gets his bike back, and you get some karma points.
Thieves suck...
Visit my friends at MX1WEST GUEnergy
AMA D-36 #196F - BITD #379
Levworks

Post by Levworks »

I actually returned it to the guy I purchased it from with full refund. He had to turn it in to his lawyer to turned it into the insurance company who dealt with the theft. They wanted it in stock form so I actually got a good deal on all the aftermarket parts. SO the guy I got it from is out the money. I got mine back luckily.
dirt - '94 cr500
street - '06 crf 450x
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

:cool: Good luck on your nect purchase
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
AngryShawn

Post by AngryShawn »

Levworks wrote:I actually returned it to the guy I purchased it from with full refund. He had to turn it in to his lawyer to turned it into the insurance company who dealt with the theft. They wanted it in stock form so I actually got a good deal on all the aftermarket parts. SO the guy I got it from is out the money. I got mine back luckily.
Talk about lucking out!
Hope you find a suitable project bike soon.
Visit my friends at MX1WEST GUEnergy
AMA D-36 #196F - BITD #379
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

Levworks wrote:I actually returned it to the guy I purchased it from with full refund. He had to turn it in to his lawyer to turned it into the insurance company who dealt with the theft. They wanted it in stock form so I actually got a good deal on all the aftermarket parts. SO the guy I got it from is out the money. I got mine back luckily.
Good to hear the rightful owner got his bike back.
Thanks for doing the right thing. :cool: