Size of jet I should be running in southeastern oklahoma

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Patrick Eubanks

Size of jet I should be running in southeastern oklahoma

Post by Patrick Eubanks »

I have a 1996 cr500 I live in south eastern Oklahoma I was wondering if anyone had an idea on what size of jet I should be running my bike is hard to start down hear recently move from Colorado
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Need more info. What elevation were you at? what elevation are you at now? what temp was it set up to run at? what temp are you at now? Did it run good before? what are your current settings? what Mods do you have on the bike?

Lower elevation requires fatter jetting than upper elevations.

Higher temps require leaner jetting than colder temps.

Those two relationships are most often the inverse of each other so often I can go down 4 to 5 thousand feet in elevation but because the temps are a lot hotter I don't need to mess with jetting.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Patrick Eubanks

Post by Patrick Eubanks »

The bike ran great and still does just harder to start takes about a good five hard kicks instead of one or two I thought I should go with a bigger jet but was wanting to get someone else to tell me the same because it is taking a lot to get it primed now. Thanks
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Try fiddling with your airscrew 1/2 turn a time for starters.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

you could be going from 5000 msl to 1000 msl so there is nothing we can tell you without knowing what's in there. If you are at about 1000, my starting point would be around 170 main, 42 pilot, DGN needle.