My new bike 04 crf250-500 A/F

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
kevin_s

My new bike 04 crf250-500 A/F

Post by kevin_s »

I bought this about a month ago,It's one of doggers first conversions a he got it right.first pictures are from when purchased.Seller was a good guy to deal with as most hoons I have delt with on here.

I made lightspeed carbon pretty happy this week,but the best deal was I scored a bolt on brand new set of Ohlin's forks and man what a difference they make.I went with the sub mounted Scotts damper this time,with the BRP tripple setup.I'mwaiting on a new set of Flex bars and a few odds and ends and # plate backgrounds and #'s.I'm in love with this one already.What do you guy's think about the orange plastics....

other

Post by other »

That thing looks the tits, mate , really nice. I'm guessing then that the insurance paid out coz you never got the stolen one back ?
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

Unfortunately my homeowners insurance would not cover the bikes.
I have been selling off my race car stuff to do this. :cry: but I'm moving on and when I hit the lottery I'm going racing again.

I got a custom insurance policy for this bike that covers every dollar I put in it.I lost about 6k on my bike alone so I'm not getting burned again,hard lesson learned.Progressive is the insurance company and the bike is covered up to 8k and it costs only $180 a year.

Can hardly wait to get back to riding again.I'm building a 03 450 conversion for my friend that got the 98 500 stolen,getting it started on monday.
The KTM is allnew again,he did some bartering with our local KTM dealer and traded off a paint job on their enclosed trailer for all the parts needed for a complete rebuild with a bunch of upgrades and man it's killer looking now.

We have not gave up on our bikes that got stolen,the heat was on them pretty hard and they went into hiding,we will get them.
other

Post by other »

kevin_s wrote:Unfortunately my homeowners insurance would not cover the bikes.
I have been selling off my race car stuff to do this. :cry: but I'm moving on and when I hit the lottery I'm going racing again.

I got a custom insurance policy for this bike that covers every dollar I put in it.I lost about 6k on my bike alone so I'm not getting burned again,hard lesson learned.Progressive is the insurance company and the bike is covered up to 8k and it costs only $180 a year.

Can hardly wait to get back to riding again.I'm building a 03 450 conversion for my friend that got the 98 500 stolen,getting it started on monday.
The KTM is allnew again,he did some bartering with our local KTM dealer and traded off a paint job on their enclosed trailer for all the parts needed for a complete rebuild with a bunch of upgrades and man it's killer looking now.

We have not gave up on our bikes that got stolen,the heat was on them pretty hard and they went into hiding,we will get them.
Sorry to hear about the insurance man, that's a bitter pill to have to swallow. I hope you get the thieving c*nts, I hate bike thieves with a passion ! Make'em hurt !
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Congrats on the new wheels Kev, lookin very smooth. I like the orange it makes the bike look unique and thats kool. Straight into blinging it up to, great to see you on 2 wheels again mate, tear it up.
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

Thanks guy's,this whole ordeal has woke me up,I live in a nice area and never thought something like this would ever happen to us here and man was I unprepared.I never was much for guns but today is a different world we live in where the criminals have more rights than us.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

kevin_s wrote:.... today is a different world we live in where the criminals have more rights than us.
And the cops are worthless.....
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

AlisoBob wrote:
kevin_s wrote:.... today is a different world we live in where the criminals have more rights than us.
And the cops are worthless.....
exactly,the detectives (3 of them) showed up at my place today to show me some mug shots.They said I needed more security cameras,I told them if they did there job I wouldn't need any.I have been stimulating our local economy by buying 2 45's from a local gun shop.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Hope you copied those mug shots :wink:
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:Hope you copied those mug shots :wink:
I wanted to but they would not let me :evil:

It didn't matter anyway's,the line up pictures were probably bullshit anyway's.just trying to act like they are on the case so I don't go to the news station to tell how bad they botched this case.