Billet ignition covers

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Just an fyi on the covers guys. The US ones are still sitting at nightbikers house. I haven't been stateside yet, so I haven't picked them up. What I'm REALLY hoping is to get the ones modded that are here, and take the ones I need to mail out when I pick up the others. One stop shopping.
The machine these were made broke down I guess, I dropped the bike off to test the fit on the covers and found that out. Apparently it was down for a week, so now they are a week behind in every order that machine is involved in. Figures. Anyway, next wknd is the latest the old ones will be picked up, because I head to back west 1400 miles to work on May 30th. Just hoping to get this wrapped before I leave. Want to have the new ones on their way in the US and the rest leaving with me to give to Roosty.
Sorry it's been such a cluster guys. I can't apologize enough. Getting kind of bitter about how this all came about. Can only imagine how the guys in Oz feel.
speedway501

Post by speedway501 »

All good Scooter. Just waiting on what mods you have to do, then I will do the same. Thanks for your effort in getting these off the ground.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

From the result of what Roosty did, using some bluing, it looks like the outer edge needs to be cut right out to the edge of the concave, rather than leaving the lip. My buddy pointed out too, that the tool left a little bit of a burr on, I believe, the forward edge where there is a flat spot. Closest to the water pump. Their thinking is cut it wider, and skin out the flat spot as well, and all should be good. The BAD part is they have to make a fixture to do this, because they made the covers the other way around. They made THAT surface first, then flipped them and cut the outer surface last.
Part of the fault is mine, I should have left them the motor to test fit the proto on. I wasn't that smart. It was just sitting in my shop the whole time. Holding the floor down, while it snowed out. Duh.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I know it's been mentioned before but, make sure the machinist knows that he needs more clearance for when the clutch is disengauged.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

no biggie Scooter. At least progress is being made. If another run is done, at least we know the CNC program will be spot on!

:cool:
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Outstanding news gentlemen. The clutch covers that were AT the shop have been fixed. Going to pick them up now. Hopefully they have been test fit ON the motor, the bike was left there specifically for that purpose. They won't leave 'til I know for sure they fit.
Going to Ohio tomorrow to pickup the old ones, hoping USPS is open so I can mail out the new ones. Anyone know for sure? Thought maybe 'til at least noon. Worst case scenario, they don't leave right away, but at least they're done.
Unfortunately, my time table only left me with this Staurday as an option.
Mike, I'll try and get yours mailed off today, if I make cutoff at 4pm, would think you'll see yours Monday. I'll use whatever address I used before, kept the box that you sent that I sent. Who's on first? No, What's on second.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Awesome news. First runs of any part are almost guaranteed to be a pain :evil:

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I have the pic, but can't get it to link! Dammit
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

All the covers are at Adams now, both he and I are getting this clusterfuck straightened out. For the guys who mailed their covers back to Nightbiker, send me a PM or post up what you spent on shipping back, so I can reimburse you. The postage got removed when they were unpackaged, and I never got to see it. The covers should be out of here shortly.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

AS Kermit said

YAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks Scooter!

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

Are these things in the mail? No word here yet?
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Got mine..Thanks guys they look great!!
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Still waiting on mine. any updates?

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Sorry guys, likely they're still sitting on the counter at work, been out and driving the wife around trying to get these kids born for the last week
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

Any idea when they will get shipped?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Tomorrow, long weekend here
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

Who ended up doing the work to fix them? Did the oring groove depth get fixed?
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Same guy, and yes. Depth fixed.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I thought I read that one of the Aussies was going to fix the covers that were there, and now I can't find it or I misread. Which one of you was going to do this, I can send you pics and details. Unless you want 2 new covers, apparently that's all that left. Let Adam or me know.
other

Post by other »

That was me Scooter, but in the meantime I have tried to fit the cover onto my faceplate, and no-go, I'm afraid. My machine is only small (model-makers type), so the cover is now a parts bowl in the workshop . . . Sorry guys, I'd have liked to help, but without buying a bigger machine . . . . It's almost worth me sending it back to get the mod done by Adam, I guess.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I can't do the mod either, it's back to the guy who cnc'd them.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Me floating back and forth across the country between work and home doesn't help, but let me work it out from this end. My guy said he would have no problem having covers sent to Oz, so I'm thinking mail your covers back and have 2 sent out to replace them.
Adam, do you have any spares left or did they all go away?
other

Post by other »

No worries Scooter, I can do that. Back to Roosty ?
other

Post by other »

scooter5002 wrote:Me floating back and forth across the country between work and home doesn't help, but let me work it out from this end. My guy said he would have no problem having covers sent to Oz, so I'm thinking mail your covers back and have 2 sent out to replace them.
Adam, do you have any spares left or did they all go away?
Scooter, I only have 1 clutch cover (and 1 ignition, which fits fine), by the way . . . I'm happy to cover the postage cost back to you, of course.
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider