Bead Locks

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
NightBiker07

Bead Locks

Post by NightBiker07 »

Does anyone run two beadlocks on their rear tire? Ive got mine tight as hell, and the tire is still slipping on the rim. The rim has another hole in it that is plugged with a rubber plug, so it would be easy to install a second one.

Just wondering how you guys combat the wheel slip.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Yea, some guys run two....

I've seen rimocks in piss poor shape go back in, then the guy complains its still sippin'....

:roll:

Duals can be a pain in the ass to get in.... Maybe just try a new one first.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/11-0060/

NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

it didnt appear to be in bad shape when I replaced the tire a few weeks ago. Next time I have it apart, I will have a new beadlock on hand. at this rate, it wont be long.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

tubliss makes it never slip
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

AlisoBob wrote:Yea, some guys run two....

I've seen rimocks in piss poor shape go back in, then the guy complains its still sippin'....

:roll:

Duals can be a pain in the ass to get in.... Maybe just try a new one first.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/11-0060/

I wish Motion Pro made those in 2.5s - the 2.15"s I used, before I went to 2.5" rims on my rear wheels, were great things. A good product, so long as you have 1/2 a brain and read the recommended torque on the nut.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

2strokeforever wrote:tubliss makes it never slip
I would like a set.....I cant stand the randomly flat tires. They will stay inflated for days/weeks, then sometimes overnight one or both will be flat. air it up, and its good for a while again.....Makes no sense.

But, the cost has held me back from it

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I run 2. Don't know about trail guys but riding moto on blue groove I can't keep it from slipping with one. Used to have to deflate the tire and rotate it back about every second ride. Friggin drove me nuts. Put 2 in, end of problems.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I've had em problems with 3 rim locks doing moto. Landing wide open with built motors in high gears and new tires. I prolly should have tightened them more than I was which was pretty tight.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

I would like a set.....I cant stand the randomly flat tires. They will stay inflated for days/weeks, then sometimes overnight one or both will be flat. air it up, and its good for a while again.....Makes no sense.

But, the cost has held me back from it
after you get it figured out you dont get the randomly flat tires, and for me they have saved me a ton of money, i was going thru a tube a month, had the tubliss for almost 2 years and i havent replaced anything, although i did buy a spare inner tube for each and havent used them yet
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

Good heavy duty tubes aren't $20 anymore either.......
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Heavy duty tube, talc, duct tape instead of rim strip, no nut on top of valve stem, 2 rim locks.........No flats no slipping.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Rhino89523 wrote:Heavy duty tube, talc, duct tape instead of rim strip, no nut on top of valve stem, 2 rim locks.........No flats no slipping.
Like I said, the flats are random, and after the tire is refilled, it will hold air again for an indefinite amount of time.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

2strokerer has it down, listen to him. Getting a good seal is the key. Jeff at nuetec is very helpful as well.