New member stopping in to say hi!!!

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
jumpingjoe628

New member stopping in to say hi!!!

Post by jumpingjoe628 »

Hello fellow hoons, I'm just stopping by to introduce myself and say hi. I'm also a member of the "other site" and recently met a friend from here at a local track here in SC. I just moved here from New Jersey and have already found a great track to ride at. I believe Tharrell has posted some of my recent videos here and thought why not join in and enjoy the site.

I currently have two CR500's, an AFC that Mickey Kessler built for me using my 05 CRF450 chassis and a 92 engine, and I have a brutally fast 85 CR500. I raced a Vet and vintage series back up north called ACR but being one of the younger racers (37) I felt I was sandbagging a little by winning the class championship every year in whatever class I entered. I had some pretty good battles along the way but overall it was pretty easy to win by doing all the races. I raced in the EVO Open Expert class with a 78 CR250 two years and then Vintage 80's Open Expert with my 85 CR500. I even went as bold to make a David Bailey replica 500 to honor one of my favorite racers and did my last year with ACR on it. I was even invited to the 2009 Two Stroke Championship race at Budds Creek with it. Even though it rained out at the end of the day I was pumped to be able to ride through the pro pits at 8:30 in the morning past all the factory mechanics as I went to practice. I was the first bike to roll on through and it was like time stopped as they all turned their heads in my direction.

I also raced with a pro sport license as a privateer in 2000 and 01 trying to qualify for a few of the nationals in the northeast but the competition was very tough. I came close a few times but in 03 I hurt my back which still gives me fits once in awhile now. Anyway I won't take up much more of your time and if anyone has any questions for me just ask.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Thanks for joining, and good to hear Micky is still building bikes... as he built the first A/F.. no matter what S/H says.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Yeah, welcome.
Your vids are great, keep'em coming.

I posted some of his youtube vids in this thread.
http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/view ... highlight=
jumpingjoe628

Post by jumpingjoe628 »

Tharrell wrote:Yeah, welcome.
Your vids are great, keep'em coming.

I posted some of his youtube vids in this thread.
http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/view ... highlight=
Yeah thanks Tharrell. I'll try to wick it up a little for this weekends video.
Life is short, ride hard.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Hey, we're renting Devils Ridge in Sanford NC on the 23.
It's an AHRMA national track.
C'mon up if you want.
There'll be lots of guys with old bikes.
Maico, CZ you name it.
jumpingjoe628

Post by jumpingjoe628 »

Thanks for the invite, but I don't think I can make it happen right now. Need to start making some money right now and will probably have to sell my 85 to keep riding.
jumpingjoe628

Post by jumpingjoe628 »

Anyway, here is a pic of me and the AF at a track back up north in PA. I had just got done doing a 115' uphill jump for the first time and one of the other riders dads wanted to get a pic of me since I was the only rider to ever clear it. You can see the take off on the left side and the landing is just out of view.
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

nice
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)