www.500conversions.com update

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

warrnum wrote:Hey Kevin S I certainly didnt think I was $ ahead at a price tag of $7500, but you do live and learn, I love the 500's and after many years off bikes I didnt want to come back on anything else. I looked around and I thaught I had found the best value bike I could for the money, but thanks to Bob and all the guys on this site things are looking up. But yes you are correct even though I am having some issues if it wasnt for this bike I would have had to get a yz250 or something as I cannot afford the price tag of $14000 plus the service hondas go for out here. Grant just needs to realize that there is more to it than just slapping a bike togeather to make a profit
I'm sorry dude,I meant no disrespect to you bro,It just pisses me the fuck off when a hoon dishes out his hard earned coin for a bike that you can't even ride.This Grant dude don't even care I bet.
I hope you get it all worked out dude
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Hey Kev it all good mate, I think it is fantastic you give a shit when you see someone getting shafted. I was upset but at the moment I realise although I have some issues I have allot better starting point than someone like reef. But in saying that I have not had a chance to ride with a little more agression to really test it out. So I guess time will tell. Whats your ride Kev? did you build a AF yourself?
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

warrnum wrote:Hey Kev it all good mate, I think it is fantastic you give a shit when you see someone getting shafted. I was upset but at the moment I realise although I have some issues I have allot better starting point than someone like reef. But in saying that I have not had a chance to ride with a little more agression to really test it out. So I guess time will tell. Whats your ride Kev? did you build a AF yourself?
My ride is a 04 crf450-500 conversion.I built it myself with advice found on this site. :cool:
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Hey Guys,
Just received a email from Grant with some Pics of the rim he has put togeather for me along with the parts he is going to send over to fix the other issues. He is just waiting for some new spacers to arrive then it will be in the mail on the way to me. Credit where it is due he has stepped up and fixed all the issues I have come across so far A big shout out to Bob and all you guys for support I received with my issues, it has been fantastic and knowing there are so many Kool people around who offer support and great advice.
Cheers.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Great looking unit Kev, you got some skills. Well done on a lovely looking ride. At work for some reason it doesnt allow me to view the posted pictures so today was the first time I have seen the pic, so thanks for posting, very kool.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

warrnum wrote: Credit where it is due he has stepped up and fixed all the issues I have come across so far .
Grant basically sells the bikes to the guy in OZ, who in turn resells them to his customers.

I think there might have been some nonscense going on between the bike leaving Grants shop, and arriving at your door.

I happy to see Grant is taking care of it.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Hey Guys, Well Grant has emailed me this morning stateing he has everything togaeather and it is all in the mail on the way to me. I must give credit where credit is due Grant has stepped up and given me the parts to fix every issue I have thrown at him. All going well when I get it back togeather I will have a bike that runs as good as it looks. Hopefully now I will get many trouble free years riding on a great bike. Thanks to all on this site for support and help it has been really appreciated. I am sure now Grant will realise the small things do matter, and so far I cannot fault the rest of the bike.
Cheers to all.
reef

Post by reef »

That's great news!!!

Grant needs to take his time, and not rush builds out. Motorcycle owners love there bikes almost (sometimes more) as much as there family.

I sold mine Saturday. By the time she left I had put over 100 hours into her getting her setup right. It was not a romance. However when she left she ran like she was supposed too.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100 hours? Even more reason to keep it....

:?
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Cheers Reef, do you have another bike? or have you given up on them or after another build? Yes well it all good ( fingers crossed ) until I can give it a good solid ride, and dump the oil out to make sure the internals are ok, but I feel they will be. I will keep you guys updated as to when I get her back togeather and belting out a few laps. Its been 15 years since I can call myself a hoon and am really looking forward to getting back in the mix.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Reef I would love to see a pic of your beast after all the hard work you put in could you email or post a pic for me please. Is the a pic of your beast on here Bob? would also love to see it. hat is the name of the kit you used to lower your pegs? does it affect kick starting? My kicker already hits the pegs a little. When I put the rims back on guys should I buy some water proof grease and lather the bearings etc before I put it togeather?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

warrnum wrote: Is the a pic of your beast on here Bob? would also love to see it. What is the name of the kit you used to lower your pegs?

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... .php?t=894

Heres the peg lowering kit I used...

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product ... ts_id/1397

coley13

Post by coley13 »

Hey Bob, would those lowered peg kits fit a gen3 ?
13 isnt unlucky i just keep falling off
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Very nice looking ride Bob. I dont think I can buy anything from crfs only now. For a couple weeks I have been trying to get a mounting bracket for a works connection hour meter to fit to my bike, I have tried a number of dealers to no avail ( not many stock there gear ) so I tracked down there Australian distributor and that took 2 seperate emails to get a responce and then they didnt have any in stock and tried to sell me another brands mount. To me that is unacceptable. Anyway I tried a number of stores in the U.S crfs only being one of them and for a part allot smaller than your little finger all the postages were around $43 for a $15 part. By that time I had signed in to become a customer so I emailed them and complained about the postage and asked them to delete my account.

So if any hoon could do me a favour that has a paypal account that I could pay into, if they could grab me one and just send it regular post it would be appreciated, just flick me a pm or a email.

Thanks for the info on the pegs Bob, I went and had a look but what does this mean, this was written below the add? Does this mean the kick starter needs replacing?
--- NOTE: This kit doesn NOT include the mounting hardware for the kickstand. Installation of this product will effectively eliminate the stock kickstand.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

coley13 wrote:Hey Bob, would those lowered peg kits fit a gen3 ?
Says it will....

http://www.systemtechracing.com/Product ... =TechSpecs