cr500 thermostat

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
josh

cr500 thermostat

Post by josh »

anybody try to put one in the fiver? i thought i read somewhere ktm has one that will fit? does that sound familiar? I'm looking to get to operating temperature quicker. thanks
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

ok i'll bite ,,, why?
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

more consistant temperature = more consistant (better) running
also your piston to cyl clearance will be more consistant= longer engine life
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
josh

Post by josh »

my fiver is a sumo conversion, so when i want to ride i want it to be ready to go when i am. i think 175F is a little cold for the fiver, don't you?
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

we run our snomobiles at no more than 135 water temp ussualy about 120 and they definately run more consistent with less detonation problems and make more hp than at higher temps , think about jetskis most lake water and ocean water is less than 80 degrees and those motors last forever , on my af i bagged the headgasket had the head cut for orings, put a super cooler in each hose out of the head this lowered water temp 25 degrees runs about 140 most of the time unless its really tight single track =no air flow but you really have to abuse it to get it to puke any coolant out, so far as consistent running jet it for the temp it runs at.
johnnytheswede

Post by johnnytheswede »

This is how my thermostats are mounted. One on each side. KTM 2-stroke from around year 2000. Works perfect. I have been iceracing the whole winter and now i use my 500 on the streets.

Johnny