Billet ignition covers

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Rue

Post by Rue »

Got my :bling: in the mail!! Thanks Adam and scooter5002!!

AFC Build link
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... 220#106220

"Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love" (David McCullough)
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Cool! Looks great. You must not have ordered a clutch cover. Lol
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

scooter5002 wrote:Cool! Looks great. You must not have ordered a clutch cover. Lol
is there any plan with those yet, or are they totally useless?
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
other

Post by other »

NightBiker07 wrote:
scooter5002 wrote:Cool! Looks great. You must not have ordered a clutch cover. Lol
is there any plan with those yet, or are they totally useless?
Hard to believe this has happened, as there is supposed to be an extra 100cc of oil capacity in these things. They should have bloody huge clearance ! (Think of 100cc in terms of percentace increase in total oil volume, it's BIG ). The only conclusion I can draw is that the fucking things are 6 or 8 mm thick ! I'm kind of hoping I can put it on a faceplate and turn out the required clearance, or even stick an end mill in to it ! If this is not an option, we all gotta start talking about refunds, and Scooters guy who fucked them up should be putting his hand up about now ? Did I mention how ridiculous this is in light of the extra 100cc oil capacity situation ? The extra depth in the seal groove is another matter, that is easy to fix by just facing the top off it, but it adds to the other problem . . Mine should be here soon . . . . . .
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

good intentions, follow though seems to be the problem.

The covers are thick enough to jack your truck up with. Extra volume, doesn't look like it.
I got 3 of the friggin clutch covers, that ain't funny where I'm sittin, no word on anyone making things right yet........

I even asked if they fit correctly before they were shipped.
other

Post by other »

seanmx57 wrote:good intentions, follow though seems to be the problem.

The covers are thick enough to jack your truck up with. Extra volume, doesn't look like it.
I got 3 of the friggin clutch covers, that ain't funny where I'm sittin, no word on anyone making things right yet........

I even asked if they fit correctly before they were shipped.
100 % behind you brother, this shit isn't right. Scooter isn't responsible, nor obviously Roosty. Dude who machined them, with samples in hand, needs to accept responsibility for his screw up . . . . If they're salvageable, obviously from Australia it isn't worth the postage war, I'm gonna fix 'em myself, but for you guys in the US and Canada, I'd be fuckin yellin about now . . . . . It's the complete silence on the matter that is the most disappointing . . . .
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Scooter did say he wouldn't be back into town for 2 weeks to talk to the guy about it, and I believe we are still in that 2 week period. Figured he would have called the guy though, idk.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

its hitting by so dammn little it will be able to work, sorry guys I've been 2 guys down at the shop and weeks behind. I should get time tonight to sort it out.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Hows that saying go....If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Well none of us had those skills, or knew anyone able to get it done and Scooter stepped up to try and get us some. Well things went a little sideways and people are busy with other stuff in their lives. The CR500 is not the only thing going on in their world. Roosty said he might be able to sort it out and Scooter said he won't be able to do a thing for a couple weeks posted on the 18th, that would put him back the middle of next week like the third. I don't need a daily update from Scooter.

For the Aussie's who had them on the way already...yeah it sucks.

For those of us here I think we just need to be patient and it will be sorted.

For the record I have ashtrays laying around worth way more than a botched clutch cover and I don't smoke.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Guys guys guys: time to step back and take a breather here. I am JUST getting home today. In 2 hours I'll be at the house. I have NO internet service in the U.S. I spend a good part of my time there, as I drive truck. Please go back to the first few post when I volunteered to set this up. Also, I'm handcuffed to this fucking piece of shit I Phone, and every time I type on it I want to smash it into a wall.
I should have posted that I did speak with the machinist on this, as soon as I knew there was a problem. He has said he will do WHATEVER it takes to make this right. Including sending modded covers to OZ. Roosty has working FLAT OUT in his shop, and hasn't had time to figure out what material thickness needs to come out of the covers.
This has been a nightmare for me too, of the worst kind. I'm off work for a month, and back home 1400 miles from where I was working. To jog people's memories, I was living in my truck for 3 months, living FAR from a normal life in a 6 x 8 ft apartment on wheels. Sorry, but I've been REALLY FUCKIN BUSY NOT living a normal life, and my focus has been on my job in the oil patch. Now it will be on the covers come Monday morning.
Rest assured, NO ONE is going to get screwed here, and I do apologize for the lack of updates. Please understand the circumstances. I will post up info as soon as I have it.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Nightbiker: My plan for your cover is to get it modded and I'll bring it down with me when I go riding in Mich. I have a buddy I want to hook up with from north of the Motor. I'll just swap out with you and your problem is covered.
Everyone else continental US just maybe mail them back to Roosty and theyll get to me or maybe Roosty fixes them up. Your postage will be refunded so it all costs nothing in the end. Other than time. Sorry guys, thats all I can offer at this point. Again, the offer is there to have corrected covers sent to OZ, and everyone will be fixed up.
I'm a little baffled as to how this happened, I thought the OEM sample to work off of would have been sufficient for design. I had said that perhaps I should have left a bike their to check the prototype against, and Ken agreed, but that's after the fact and what the hell do I know? As pointed out, the extra capacity should have made for a TON of extra room. However, isnt it reassuring to know that if you get a flat tire on the way home, you CAN use it to jack up your truck? :P
We'll get this shit handled guys, this ain't a Fachar deal by any stretch of the imagination. Shit, it's not even as bad as a Fanelli Clusterfuck. I know my guy WILL make this right.
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Thanks for taking this whole project on Andy, it's been a big headache for ya, but I can be patient and when it all works out Im happy. No one else has carried through with the obvious different headaches that are included in a deal like this.

Andy wasn't the designer, machinest, or even trying to make a buck off of this, Roosty is just helping him out to get them to people and doing some small mods for people, these guys are basically volunteering their time and suffering and I think they need a big THANK YOU. It sounds like it'll all work out in the end.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Shit happens I guess. Just wish it hadn't happened on THIS deal.
Mike: mail your cover back to me asap, please. Only have a month at home and that is going to fly by, I'm sure. I want this all handled and everyones covers fixed before I leave.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Gentlemen: Here is the start of the fix. Nightbiker has been GRACIOUS enough to volunteer his address to receive covers, he lives about 4 hours from me, in the US. I'll be going down to ride with a friend in Michigan while I'm home, so I'm going to pick up up all the returned covers from him, bring them home and get them fixed.
Since I'm working on a VERY limited time line, your immediate action is of the essence. I cannot stress this enough. To put it bluntly, DO NOT FUCK AROUND! Anyone who has bad clutch covers mail them back IMMEDIATELY to the following address.
Ernest Young
4543 Lewis Ave
Toledo Ohio

Please post up that you have returned them, and let us know they are on the way. I want to make ONE trip to Toledo, to pick these up. I will have them fixed and get them back to the owners.
Again, allow me to re-iterate. Please get those covers in the mail at the MINUTE your post office is open Monday morning. I can't get them fixed if I don't have them!
A huge thanks to Nightbiker for throwing his hat in on this :cool:
The ball is in your court gentlemen, let's get this done.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

scooter5002 wrote:Gentlemen: Here is the start of the fix. Nightbiker has been GRACIOUS enough to volunteer his address to receive covers, he lives about 4 hours from me, in the US. I'll be going down to ride with a friend in Michigan while I'm home, so I'm going to pick up up all the returned covers from him, bring them home and get them fixed.
Since I'm working on a VERY limited time line, your immediate action is of the essence. I cannot stress this enough. To put it bluntly, DO NOT FUCK AROUND! Anyone who has bad clutch covers mail them back IMMEDIATELY to the following address.
Ernest Young
4543 Lewis Ave
Toledo Ohio

Please post up that you have returned them, and let us know they are on the way. I want to make ONE trip to Toledo, to pick these up. I will have them fixed and get them back to the owners.
Again, allow me to re-iterate. Please get those covers in the mail at the MINUTE your post office is open Monday morning. I can't get them fixed if I don't have them!
A huge thanks to Nightbiker for throwing his hat in on this :cool:
The ball is in your court gentlemen, let's get this done.
Last name is Yeager, not Young LOL :)

Just PM me or post in this thread when you ship your cover to me, so I know how many to look out for. When I get them all, I will meet up with Scooter to get him the clutch covers.

This works out best if you live in the US, as a $5 package costs 25 to ship to Canada. This way, we avoid the shipping costs of shipping across the border.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

What a fucken Dumbass. My Bad. Sorry Ernest. YEAGER. Not Young. Lol. So fuckin stressed out over this deal I can't even remember your name.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

its cool man. appreciate the effort!

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

Dropped mine at the post office.

For those who need to it is easy, I boxed up and used the pay and ship machine at the post office. Should be there in 2-3 days.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

cool. hopefully early next week all the covers that need fixed will be here, and I can meet Scooter mid-week.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

other

Post by other »

Gmbond wrote:Thanks for taking this whole project on Andy, it's been a big headache for ya, but I can be patient and when it all works out Im happy. No one else has carried through with the obvious different headaches that are included in a deal like this.

Andy wasn't the designer, machinest, or even trying to make a buck off of this, Roosty is just helping him out to get them to people and doing some small mods for people, these guys are basically volunteering their time and suffering and I think they need a big THANK YOU. It sounds like it'll all work out in the end.
Dead right, and yeah, a big thank you to Scooter, and Roosty, for getting this off the ground. I don't think anyone was aiming any shit at either of these guys . . . . . As for us Aussies affected, how many of us are there ? When my covers get here, I'll have a look if I can get them on my lathe (it's not a real big one . . . insert Rhino joke here), and if I can, and there isn't a hundred of them, I might be able to help sort out the Aussie ones ?
Speak up now Aussies, and let me know numbers.
speedway501

Post by speedway501 »

I was waiting to see what modifications are required and may just get mine done locally. I would also like to thank Scooter and Roosty for there efforts in getting these made.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I spent 6 bucks mailing a set from Michigan to Toledo, including insurance and tracking capacity. Cost wise, it's not bad. Just remember guys, it's all going to be refunded as well.
other, if you can make that happen, that would be awesome! Adam thinks it's it just a matter of chucking it up and skinning some of the excess material off the inside, as well as taking a little off the gasket face. I looked at mine over the weekend and they are plenty thick enough. Monstrously thick. At least no rocks were going to penentrate them. Especially since they wouldn't FIT on the bike. :roll:
agent

Post by agent »

sent this morning.

Rick
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

3 covers mailed, should be there thursday at the latest.
josh

Post by josh »

sent mine, 2-3 days