Greetings from California

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
USMC 500

Greetings from California

Post by USMC 500 »

Hey everyone......Names Oscar and as the name suggests I am a former Marine. Its a pleasure to be on this site and I hope to be able to give as much knowledge as am sure I will recieve from this awsome site. I am a Member on Danger4u's site "KXRiders.com". I am in the final stages of my 3 year long KX500 restoration (funds have been short). I have a 1997 CR250 that I bought brand new back in the year. I got a wild hair up my @$$ the other day and yanked the motor, carb, and electronics and put them on craigslist. Long story short, within 2 hours I sold my CR250 motor, carb, electronics for $500 and then off another dude bought a 92 CR500 motor, carb, electronics for $600. I am super stoked to begin my GEN 1 CR500AF project!! I'll keep everyone posted on the progress......
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Welcome! And good luck! Gen 1 is a real easy build. Lotsa documentation on that one.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

USMC 500

Post by USMC 500 »

hoofarted wrote:Welcome! And good luck! Gen 1 is a real easy build. Lotsa documentation on that one.
Hey Thanks.....love the name and the animation....hahaha.....I see you're in Rancho....Originally from Glendale now living in Tehachapi....Might have to meet up and ride sometime.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

USMC 500 wrote:
hoofarted wrote:Welcome! And good luck! Gen 1 is a real easy build. Lotsa documentation on that one.
Hey Thanks.....love the name and the animation....hahaha.....I see you're in Rancho....Originally from Glendale now living in Tehachapi....Might have to meet up and ride sometime.
I pass thru Glendale daily - lol

How is the riding (availability) in Tehachapi? I work with a guy who had a ranch out that way - looked ideal! But how "tolerating" are the locals? ;)
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

USMC 500

Post by USMC 500 »

hoofarted wrote:
USMC 500 wrote:
I pass thru Glendale daily - lol

How is the riding (availability) in Tehachapi? I work with a guy who had a ranch out that way - looked ideal! But how "tolerating" are the locals? ;)
Riding is not too bad and the locals are pretty cool as long as you're not tearing up their land.....but honestly I still have more fun riding at Gorman, Dove Springs, Mojave, etc.....There is more variaty. Alot of the good riding areas here are now owned by wind turbine companies that don't allow riding on their land.