I got a very nice Hoon Valentine day present.

Recount your rebuilds here!
AURORA

Post by AURORA »

http://i41.servimg.com/u/f41/13/41/12/87/img_0210.jpg
It is brand new!
B440

Post by B440 »

Would you let another hoon take dimensions from the housing? I have all the internals and access to a CNC. Missing the housing though.
josh

Post by josh »

nice, I'm jealous :shock:
Last edited by josh on February 21st, 2012, 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AURORA

Post by AURORA »

[quote="B440"]Would you let another hoon take dimensions from the housing? I have all the internals and access to a CNC. Missing the housing though.[/quote]

What exactly are you suggesting?
B440

Post by B440 »

I'm asking you if I can borrow the housing, so that I can take dimensions of it and draw it in Solidworks. I don't need all the pieces, just the housing.

How would you trust me to give it back? I dunno. I'll give you whatever you think is appropriate collateral within reason.
AURORA

Post by AURORA »

[quote="B440"]I'm asking you if I can borrow the housing, so that I can take dimensions of it and draw it in Solidworks. I don't need all the pieces, just the housing.

How would you trust me to give it back? I dunno. I'll give you whatever you think is appropriate collateral within reason.[/quote]

I don't want to cut loose with the housing. Contact Baja Designs in CA or Electrosport in Mass, for the design dimensions. If you have a company in Phoenix to take the measurements that would work.

Sorry, but there is too much BS going on in my life right now, thus I am trying to keep things simple.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

AURORA wrote:
B440 wrote:I'm asking you if I can borrow the housing, so that I can take dimensions of it and draw it in Solidworks. I don't need all the pieces, just the housing.

How would you trust me to give it back? I dunno. I'll give you whatever you think is appropriate collateral within reason.
I don't want to cut loose with the housing. Contact Baja Designs in CA or Electrosport in Mass, for the design dimensions. If you have a company in Phoenix to take the measurements that would work.

Sorry, but there is too much BS going on in my life right now, thus I am trying to keep things simple.
You are on here all the time looking for people to help you with info. You even ask people how to clean your bearings , and people help you out and answer your questions without a second thought cause thats what HOONS do for each other. Then when someone asks you for something you say NO even though it is a pretty standard request that happens all the time. Pretty much i think thats Bul@#$%T and you in my opinion are not really a HOON. Pack the stupid thing up, send it to B440 and he with get the dimensions and pack it up and send it right back with money for shipping and maybe something you may need. Thats how it works around here but you like to "keep it simple". :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kevin
other

Post by other »

freeride588 wrote:
AURORA wrote:
B440 wrote:I'm asking you if I can borrow the housing, so that I can take dimensions of it and draw it in Solidworks. I don't need all the pieces, just the housing.

You are on here all the time looking for people to help you with info. You even ask people how to clean your bearings , and people help you out and answer your questions without a second thought cause thats what HOONS do for each other. Then when someone asks you for something you say NO even though it is a pretty standard request that happens all the time. Pretty much i think thats Bul@#$%T and you in my opinion are not really a HOON. Pack the stupid thing up, send it to B440 and he with get the dimensions and pack it up and send it right back with money for shipping and maybe something you may need. Thats how it works around here but you like to "keep it simple". :roll: :roll: :roll:
And that, folks, is how it's supposed to be done ! I've recently stripped the ignition off my good running 500, and sent it to a hoon with elecrical problems, so he can isolate his problem by component substitution. He found his problem, and shipped my stuff straight back. And I KNOW that if there's a problem when I bolt it all back onto my bike, he WILL come good on it. I even paid for the shipping one way. Thats what we do. Well said Freeride.
AURORA

Post by AURORA »

[quote="freeride588"][quote="AURORA"][quote="B440"]I'm asking you if I can borrow the housing, so that I can take dimensions of it and draw it in Solidworks. I don't need all the pieces, just the housing.

How would you trust me to give it back? I dunno. I'll give you whatever you think is appropriate collateral within reason.[/quote]

Sorry, but there is too much BS going on in my life right now, thus I am trying to keep things simple.[/quote]

You are on here all the time looking for people to help you with info. You even ask people how to clean your bearings , and people help you out and answer your questions without a second thought cause thats what HOONS do for each other. Then when someone asks you for something you say NO even though it is a pretty standard request that happens all the time. Pretty much i think thats Bul@#$%T and you in my opinion are not really a HOON. Pack the stupid thing up, send it to B440 and he with get the dimensions and pack it up and send it right back with money for shipping and maybe something you may need. Thats how it works around here but you like to "keep it simple". :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:00 am Post subject:
[quote="freeride588"][quote="AURORA"][quote="freeride588"]Come on man you are a member and you cant click on the link that says Hoonfest 2012. Seems pretty easy.[/quote]

I could not find an address or for that fact a city or state. CA? AZ? NV?[/quote]

Don't worry about it you have to be a HOON to go to HOONFEST.[/quote]

At this time my primary reason to go to Hoonfest in AZ, is to give Kuma a free front wheel assembly. He said he was going to be at Hoonfest.

So you hit me on another post. Here is my response:

Options were given on the stator post even having it measured in Phoenix. What, no one else would provide a external stator of their own for measurements?

Let me guess, you work 9 to 5.
You are home every night, living in the same spot for the past 20 years.
You accomplish most of the things you want to in your daily life.

What do you know of my schedule, daily changes in time zones, what city, state or country am I at for maybe 12 hours? Then I also have to move several times a year. Now there are issue at work.

I ask 8 or 9 questions in a two month time which to you is a burden?

If you guys don't want me here, so be it. I await word from AlisoBob.

All I can say is, lighten up buddy.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

[/quote]

So you hit me on another post. Here is my response:

Options were given on the stator post even having it measured in Phoenix. What, no one else would provide a external stator of their own for measurements?

Let me guess, you work 9 to 5.
You are home every night, living in the same spot for the past 20 years.
You accomplish most of the things you want to in your daily life.

What do you know of my schedule, daily changes in time zones, what city, state or country am I at for maybe 12 hours? Then I also have to move several times a year. Now there are issue at work.

I ask 8 or 9 questions in a two month time which to you is a burden?

If you guys don't want me here, so be it. I await word from AlisoBob.

All I can say is, lighten up buddy.[/quote]

Glad you responded at least that shows something. First off you ask me "What do you know of my schedule" while a few lines before that your going into detail about my daily life that you know nothing about.

The bottom line is a fellow member asked you for a favor and you basically blew him off telling him he should just call Baja Designs like they are going to help him out.

Screw your schedule it would take very little effort and just a little bit of trust to make it happen but your over it for some reason.

As for your 8 to 9 questions being a burden i think you missed the point your questions are NOT a burden because HOONS put in the effort to help each other out and that is the point of all this bullshit man is your not willing to do that in this case.

If your trying to give Kuma a free wheel that is badass and thats what its all about.

Lastly about you not being wanted here that is bullshit im just another asshole with his fingers on the keyboard and i have no sway here.

A little hoon love thats all im saying and believe me man im as light and breesy as a summer afternoon.
Kevin
B440

Post by B440 »

I've called Baja Designs. They were nice enough to answer all my questions. Eline in MA was the company making the billet housings for them.

I've called Kevin at Eline in MA; he beat around the bush telling me I need an $8,000 machine to make the parts and that he sold his machine, and they never used drawings to make the parts. :roll:

I got a number from a user at Supermoto Junkie to the company that made kits for the newer YZF's. They told me they never made up kits for the the CR500 and couldn't help.

I even contacted CTATV who lives the closest to me and his bike is apart for a cracked left case, but he won't part with his lighting coil for the same reasons as yourself Aurora.

I don't know any companies in AZ. What do you think the going rate is for a fully dimensioned drawing?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If your the Solidworks master.... go buy a Ducati stator ( thats what the kits used) and draw the piece your self to make it all work.

You could prolly' improve on it.

:cool: