My 92 stellie...

Recount your rebuilds here!
adam500

My 92 stellie...

Post by adam500 »

Just got my 92 stellie off the the lift after a much needed revamp.
Bike has full Pro circuit exhaust, 40 over, V-force reeds, 99 front end, auto decomp. head.
Time to show it off.

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The big black pipe looks bad-ass....
mr500

Post by mr500 »

Looks good,I'm not usually a fan of black 500's but yours looks wicked.
and that pipe! :twisted:
Keep it real, Keep it steel.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

The pipe was my first thought also. I'm curious why?
I had to paint one of mine because of scars from repairs.
adam500

Post by adam500 »

Thanks guys. There are a bunch of welds and some small dents I was trying to hide with the black paint on the pipe.
I stripped it down right to the frame and painted it red. Noticed the bottom frame rails were almost worn thu in spots so i welded in a 1/8" piece of steel and made like a belly pan with a hole cut in it for acces to my oil plug. Replaced all bearing wheel to wheel. Serviced the rear shock, upgraded to a 99 front end with fresh oil, seals and bushings. Sealed up all the little exhaust leaks nice and tight.
I bought a gen1 af last fall thinking It would replace this 92 then I took her out for 1 last ride before winter and quickly realized there was no way I could ever get rid of the old girl. I had to rebuild her. Ive had her for three years and all Ive done is put gas and oil in it and run the wheels off it, she was real happy to be recharged, not retired!
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Also kinda diggin the PC Silencer mod. :cool:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

adam500

Post by adam500 »

I wondered if anyone would see that. :wink:
I cut off about 3" of sleeve, lost the rivits, welded nuts on the inside of the end cap so you can get a real damn bolt into the thing. Then I cut off the little outlet and hogged it out to 1 and 3/4" pipe. then tack welded the inner mesh tube to it.
It sounds way better than my AF with brand new full FMF!
Kartwheel68

Post by Kartwheel68 »

Pirelli MT16 rear tire? I love those tires, I use them on all my vintage bikes, I'm going to try one on my '92 CR5 when the current tire needs replacing.
adam500

Post by adam500 »

Good eye. That is a MT16. I put them on every dirtbike I own. I love it, great in the sand.
Kartwheel68

Post by Kartwheel68 »

I love that tire, I use the front on everything, and I use the rear on anything strong enough to turn it, its too big for 125s. They are super durable, great on almost any terrain, and very flat resistant. I think the only reason more people dont use it is because it doesnt have a modern, fancy "metrosexual" tread pattern.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Kartwheel68 wrote:I love that tire, I use the front on everything, and I use the rear on anything strong enough to turn it, its too big for 125s. They are super durable, great on almost any terrain, and very flat resistant. I think the only reason more people dont use it is because it doesnt have a modern, fancy "metrosexual" tread pattern.
How does it compare to the M5B?
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Kartwheel68

Post by Kartwheel68 »

Never used the MB5 but I know its a good tire, probably a bit better in very muddy conditions than the MT16, but the MT16 is great in hard pack and rocks too so I'd say better overall.
adam500

Post by adam500 »

my 2000 RM250 needed a new rear and I thought about trying the MB5 but I thought "if it ain't broke, dont fix it" put on a MT16 and I am very happy I did. It does everything I ask it to do everywhere.