Lesson learnt

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
gregrobo

Lesson learnt

Post by gregrobo »

So a friend of mine learned the hard way, four years ago his house was broken into and as usual it was trashed that was bad enough but they goth keys to his shed and stole his prize possession one of his near pristine rm 500s 1984 model when he reported it stolen he didn't have the vin or engine numbers. anyway cut to Wednesday last week I was trolling a local for sale in kalgoorlie Facebook page and up popped a rm 500 so I went to check it out with my friend might I add that this guy just turned 70 and Is a life member of our club, within 2 minutes he confirmed that it was his. so we strike a deal to buy the bike to buy some time to go to the police and retrieve it. This I where story takes a shit because he never had reported the bike stolen with the vin or engine #s he had nothing even know he had the original police report stating it was stolen in great description and without proof we had shit and even if we did being so long ago the case had to be referred to the detectives and they may not do anything anyway so they pretty much told me to go buy it no wonder why people go vigilantly
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

So if he knows it's his, stall on buying it, you know where it is, steel it back :twisted:
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Kuma wrote:So if he knows it's his, stall on buying it, you know where it is, steel it back :twisted:
problem is they already went to the cops about it. They would be prime suspect number one.....
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
other

Post by other »

steal it back, then burn the motherfuckers house down, preferably with him still inside it . . . . prime suspect maybe, but all the evidence is ashes . . . . I HATE bike thieves !
jarnott71

Post by jarnott71 »

other wrote:steal it back, then burn the motherfuckers house down, preferably with him still inside it . . . . prime suspect maybe, but all the evidence is ashes . . . . I HATE bike thieves !
you wont be stealing take it back better yet make him give it back yea then what he said ill throw in on some gas money or bail :lol:
no wing no prayer
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

The problem is the guy that had it didn't steal it it has been thru 3 people, that's what we tried to explain to the police that this was the first lead in 4 years and he coons that stole it sold it. The guy that had it bought it for 1200 and spent 300 on it so I was informed that he had a financial rite over it and we would have to pay him anyway so in my mind I'm guilty of receiving stolen goods anyway after no help from the authorities we own it now as my friend wouldn't pay for what he owned and we couldn't let it be lost again. Ll post up pics when I get back from Perth.
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

So even if you think it would never happen to you record your numbers and chain them to the floor I don't know what the law is like in the rest of the world but the innocent isn't protected here the innocent have to prove there rights here
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

I have titles for every bike I own, so proving ownership would be easy. assuming I ever ran into the bike again. Fuck thieves. I ever catch one in my garage, it'll be, as ShineDown puts it, " A Shotgun Blast, A kick in the ass" :twisted:

At least you guys found it though.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

We don't have a title system so when you sell a bike that cant be regoed most people ask for a receipt but if it is or was regoed we get transfer papers signed by both party's
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
asteroid500

Post by asteroid500 »

I have a digital photo of every tool, appliance, vehicle, jewlery, with the corresponding #'s, in high res ... even the police can blow this up on a computer to verifie true ownership.
& it cost fkc all to do ... :cool:
"not speeding officer".....qualifying

CR250 97
CR500 AF 99 (in progress)
CR500 AF CR G-4
CR500 1985 true legend
RGV250 96 X2
GSXR600 07 TRACK BIKE
VH Commadore cup car (race)
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

Yep only way to go carl
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

they say to have not only pictures,but picture to show ownership, liek a pic of you on the bike, or the bike obviously in your truck or your garage. A friend of mine had his whole house cleaned out and the insurance company wouldn't pay for his watches which were gifts until he found some pics of himself wearing them.
In nevada they haven't titled off road vehicles for like 10 years, but I have the manufacturers certificate of origin for all of my stuff newer than that.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

here is a photo of how we recieved it particialy restored filled it with gearbox oil put some fuel in it and it started 2nd kick have to now find all the parts and reassemble it

98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee