MAJOR BRAINWAVE

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
2strokeforever

MAJOR BRAINWAVE

Post by 2strokeforever »

so i was wishing i had money for a programable ignition when i came across a $200 programable ignition for a 2010 yz250f with the software, 10 programable maps, TPS, usb cord.......
too bad it wont work on a 2 stroke...... but i remember reading 4 stroke bikes use the wasted spark system, which means the plug fires every time the piston is at TDC :D

so line the pulsar up to the same degrees BTDC as the bike it was made for (my buddy has a 2010 yz 250f) and make a wiring harness to connect the CDI to the stator and it should work

tomorrow im going to have a good look at my friends YZ250f and unless i can see a reason for it not to work ill buy the CDI and make it happen

the hardest part will probably be getting the connectors to plug into the YZ250f CDI
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Call Roosty before you buy anything.....
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

oh, he's in the know :wink:

there should be plenty of blown up 250f's to scavenge but i'm certain the parts physically will be a problem.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

did a little digging and aparently the $200 cdi is crap and makes the bike hard to start...., if it decides to work at all
i guess im saving up for roostys cdi now
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

thought roostious had a dynatek for sale cheap ? vortex is another programable unit. several others out there also. you wanting something programable on a very low budget ? guess im lost on your intentions here
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

vortex works tits
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

you wanting something programable on a very low budget ?
pretty much
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

well good luck. i dont see $200 buying much :lol: