Britincali's Gen 5 450 A/F Conversion

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Bike looks great. Pool needs a clean though. :D
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AMA714

Post by AMA714 »

cmotodad wrote:Brit,
The wheel was no problem at all. Very happy to see you like it so much. Makes me want to find a dead 09+4st and build a duplicate.
One of the guys (Kent Howerton) I ride with here in Texas has a dead one. Not sure what he is doing with it, but Ill ask him Saturday if you want.

Wish he had of blown it up before I got the 08 CRF250 for my conversion.... boooooooo.
PM me if you want me to inquire.
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

AMA714 wrote:
cmotodad wrote:Brit,
The wheel was no problem at all. Very happy to see you like it so much. Makes me want to find a dead 09+4st and build a duplicate.
One of the guys (Kent Howerton) I ride with here in Texas has a dead one. Not sure what he is doing with it, but Ill ask him Saturday if you want.

Wish he had of blown it up before I got the 08 CRF250 for my conversion.... boooooooo.
PM me if you want me to inquire.
Yes please! Cmotodad is probably on the road to AZ. His son is racing an AMA event and as no access to a computer.

Thanks.
AMA714

Post by AMA714 »

Done... I just emailed Kent to see what he wants for it.

Solid, I need mounts and elbows for my 08 CRF 250. PM me your contact info so I can order up some stuff.

Zach
AMA714

Post by AMA714 »

She's a no go.... He is keeping the thumper and fixing it....
britincali

Post by britincali »

IMS 2.7 gal tank (straight bolt on no mods baybe!), new clutch cover/ignition cover and a modified CRF-CR shifter as the CRF one is to short but the CR bolt placement wont allow it to be bolted on with this frame due to rail interference. So I used the CRF spline and welded it onto the CR shifter.

The tank holds damn near 3 gal without the fuel pump bullshit inside :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Got a skidplate also but the mounting brackets baffled me so im goin riding instead :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh and I rerouted the front brake like under the barkbusters just for you bob :wink:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

britincali wrote:So I used the CRF spline and welded it onto the CR shifter.
Now this ^^^ I gotta see! :D

Nice - tank looks good. So when are you gonna yank that motor and clean it up proper? Or are you leaving it black?
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

britincali

Post by britincali »

Im leaving it black, Im going to pull it at somepoint and do it all matte black.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
jarnott71

Post by jarnott71 »

the black looks good they did a sweet job on the new tanks not all gautty like the older ones sort of a sleeper oversize, that bike is badass nice job
no wing no prayer
Pony

Post by Pony »

This bike is beautiful. I come here and look at this thing almost everyday, it is the bike that made me ditch the streetbike idea to go forward with an AF. I ride dirtbikes and when I see this bike I gotta build one. Looks like the ultimate all arounder. You could hit the track, send that thing off some modest ramp hits, and smash trees with the bark busters all without touching a thing. I want one so bad!!

Your dune bike is sick to look at too. Its just looks rad. You got some cool shit, you need to take better care of it! haha :cool:
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

2strokeforever wrote:looks like you got the same kickstand i do, lightweight and unbreakable, works everywhere all the time :lol:

Yea all that work and money and he was to cheap to buy a kick stand for it...you one cheap sosb..lol...Your bike loooks awesome by the way:)
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
britincali

Post by britincali »

Pony wrote: Your dune bike is sick to look at too. Its just looks rad. You got some cool shit, you need to take better care of it! haha :cool:

They do get taken care of sometimes :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

try a 02+ cr 250 shifter, the 500 one wont fit on my bike cause of the bolt, but the 250 one will work if you have a short enough bolt
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish