Merry X-Mas Hoons!!!!

Use some common sense ....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Merry X-Mas Hoons!!!!

Post by AlisoBob »

Rue

Post by Rue »

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and the Family and to all the Hoons!!

From the Chavez Family
Last edited by Rue on December 23rd, 2011, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Build link
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... 220#106220

"Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love" (David McCullough)
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Greetings Friends and Family,

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times” ~ Charles Dickens wrote, and in a way, that sums up 2011 in a nutshell. It has been a year of great highs and lows for ourselves and close friends, and we have to say we're happy it’s nearly over. One of the big events of 2011 (and an example of the opening paragraph) was the breeding of Roxy Dog! We have been kicking the idea around for a while, and Berlin really started getting noisy about it in late 2010. Bob put an ad on Craigslist in Roxy’s behalf, advertising for a “Hot male stud to become my Baby-Daddy”.

Yes, even canines can hook it up on Craigslist. Of the few responses we got, we settled on a 1 year old Boxer named Taz and exchanged phone numbers. In February, Roxy came into heat and the call went out. Berlin was very interested in the process as she was learning about reproduction in school at the time. She asked if she could attend Roxy’s “date” with Taz to witness the miracle of creation. Bob asked Vicki if she thought this was wise. She said sure, so Berlin and Bob loaded up Roxy for a trip to Huntington Beach. It went as typically unromantic as I supposed most dog breedings go, with lots of chasing, jumping, drooling, false attempts, and finally, success! As Roxy and Taz stood there stuck together, Berlin asked if that was how she was created, I replied “Yes”, but added that “......mommy doesn’t drool as much.” I think that will stick with Berlin for quite some time.

Roxy became preggo instantly, and glowed in her pregnancy. Bob built a fantastic whelping box (about a week too late) and counted down the days until her due date. Dr. Berlin was at the ready to deliver the pups when the day came, but unfortunately Roxy wasn’t as excited, and she had a still born pup followed by a healthy one, and then sat down exhausted and DONE!

We knew there were several pups remaining so we rushed her to the 24 hour emergency pet hospital to see if they could be saved. The going rate for an emergency C-Section on a dog in labor is about the same as full comprehensive orthodontic treatment for your tween, in case you’re interested. BUT, we were blessed with 3 healthy boys to bring home. Sugar Ray (with his own Facebook page) was adopted by a wonderful family in Michigan who were working for a year in California, Benny lives close by in Aliso Viejo, and Charlie lives with us. He’s 8 months now and has proven to have a cast iron stomach, as he has consumed batteries, tools, chocolate, most common plastics, and even household chemicals without any signs of distress, much to our amazement. Charlie has a matching cast iron rear end that I have applied my size 13 foot to many times as well. He’s very simple, but very sweet, and Roxy and the rest of us are happy he’s a part of our family, for now.

Jack has had quite an exciting year, with the highlight being a trip to Cooperstown N.Y. to play in the biggest 12 year old Travel Baseball tournament in the country. The whole family went, and it was truly an experience of a lifetime. He and his team played well, and went deep into eliminations. I believe they finished 27th out of the 96 teams that entered from across the country and Canada. He was voted “Best Pitcher” by his team and scored the “go ahead” run in one game, and drove in the winning run in another.

Pin trading was also a huge part of the trip. I have never seen Jack smile so much! He’s currently playing for the O.C. Wolves, which functions as the High School feeder team where he’s learning the area’s that he needs to improve in. Jack was also busy at
Center Stage Studio where he performed in Mary Poppins, Tangled, and Beauty and the Beast with a lead role as "Lumiere". Jack is working hard in 8th grade and is very happy to have his braces off this year. Look out ladies!

Dr. Berlin had a big year with all the prep and reading required to help Roxy through her pregnancy and delivering the pups. Even when things were going sideways, she kept her calm and stayed focused on what to do and recalled an amazing amount of her self-taught training that little Benny owes his life to. It was quite impressive and we were all very proud of her. She is also performing at Center Stage Studio in the same plays as Jack, usually casted in the dry or darker supporting comedic roles, for example, Mrs. Brill in Mary Poppins, although she did take the part of Chip in Beauty. During the casting, Vicki told her that they would probably cast a child with a speech impediment for Chip, so she shouldn't get her hopes up, but as you know, Berlin does have "that cute little lisp", so obviously, she had to eat her words and congratulate Berlin on the big role. Sigh! Berlin is getting involved in Volleyball and even though she’s a first year Middle Schooler, she is going to focus on her skills now, in an attempt to make the High School team when she gets there. Berlin's only scare of the year was a nasty bout of pneumonia that was diagnosed just in the nick of time, oh yeah, and the broken foot she experienced as a result of running in cha-cha heels (she thinks she can do what mommy does). Berlin also kept busy with Destination Imagination again this year. She designed and sewed together some fantastic costumes for her team and helped write parts of the script. I thought this year’s team was even better than last year’s entry, but they took 3rd place at the state level, ending their journey one step away from the finals in Knoxville TN, much to Vicki's relief. She turned 11 this year and is proud of the many complements she receives for her poise and maturity.

Vicki had her typical over committed year again in 2011.

It was many of the same players as last year ( PTA, Yearbook, Fundraising, Class Visits, Sports Mom, Builders Associations, etc..) but this year she was also drafted into the group assembled to choose the next Middle School Principal which was quite an honor. She was also asked by one of our vendors to be a panel member at their annual sales convention in Dayton, Ohio in November. As typical for Vicki, she stole the show and sat at the Presidents table for an intimate group Q & A. Bob piggybacked onto the trip and snuck over to the air museum at Wright Patterson AFB, and visited Huffman Prairie, the field where the Wright Brothers perfected their flying machine. It was a great trip for both of us. Vicki also had some well deserved mini get-a-ways with her girls to Palm Springs, Temecula and San Francisco for days of shopping, wine tasting, and spa hopping.

Like most every year, Bob spent his free time dirt bike riding, supporting MLB and Jack's baseball, going to museums, and hitting air shows.

This year he was in attendance at the Reno Air Races when one of the planes crashed into the crowd. It was all over the news, you may have seen it. At a few hundred feet away from the impact point, Bob saw a little too much of it.

Without a doubt, the unreal and seemingly choreographed response from the emergency personal on site saved countless lives and provided a miracle to a scene of death and destruction. Thank you to all who were a part of it.

Travel this year took us to some old places, and a few new ones too. Bob hit Arizona in February to ride with his friends, as well as, our annual family trek to Pismo Beach. We mentioned Cooperstown and Dayton already, and we traded our usual Spring Break trip for birthing puppies at home, which brings us up to our Thanksgiving trip to the Caribbean island of St. Lucia.

We had a wonderful time there, riding off road Segway’s, zip lining, horseback riding, snorkeling, and having some wonderful dinners at the eclectic and diverse restaurants available on the island. Indian one night, Creole the next, and Surf and Turf the night after. This pattern lasted all week! The weather was supposed to against us with rain forecast daily. It did rain just about every day, but was always at the portion of the island that we weren’t visiting. We were very lucky in that regard, but not so lucky was Vicki who was nearly eaten alive by the mosquitoes. Other “highlights” were the political rally’s for the upcoming elections that we stumbled into, and watching Bob try to drive on the wrong side of the road. Both seemed rather hazardous at the time, and still do. Right turns seemed to be his biggest challenge, but we survived, barely. While driving out into the rural portions of the island, the kids got a taste of what poverty and limited economic opportunity brings.

Their silence spoke volumes.

This all leads us into Christmas , and puts into perspective how fleeting, life and liberty can be. While we have had only moments of disruption in our lives in 2011, many of our friends and family have felt the bumps harder, and spaced closer together. I ask you 2012, that you return comfort, health, and opportunity back to those who lost it in 2011.

Thanks in advance....

We hope that you all enjoy a peaceful and prosperous 2012.

Love, Bob, Vicki, Jack and Berlin
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Great christmas letter Bob, you must be so proud of your kids, sounds like some awesome acheivements! I can't imagine having been first witness to the air race accident, everytime I look at the video it almost seems Hollywood made. Prayers to all involved. Gotta ask however... how is a Segway in the single track? Lol.
Best Wishes to your family, and thanks for this site, I've learned a lot and enjoyed a lot of time spent reading, laughing, and drooling over beautiful bikes and work. I just need to figure out how to get to a ride!

Let's all Hope for a happy new year and some great riding time!!
dannygraves

Re: Merry X-Mas Hoons!!!!

Post by dannygraves »

I just felt my christmas spirit rise. :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

Nice letter Bob, Merry Xmas and Happy New Years to you, your family and all the Hoons who hang out on this board regularly. Seems we've added ALOT of members this past year although most seem to be just screen names with little posts. I enjoy all the good info here and rarely visit the "other" board so all you new peps- lets see some ideas posted!. Lets hope 2012 goes bit better!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Gmbond wrote:....you must be so proud of your kids, sounds like some awesome acheivements! ...... Gotta ask however... how is a Segway in the single track? .... I've learned a lot and enjoyed a lot of time spent reading, laughing, and drooling over beautiful bikes and work.
Theres ALOT of b.s. from the kids that doesnt make it to the Christmas letter.... but I really cant complain, there pretty good, as kids go.

That Segway ROCKED! It took me up inclines that I thought were impossible. I weigh 270, it it hauled me up no problem. It was the first time I rode one, and within 5 minutes you dont even have to think what your doing. I wish motorcycles were as easy.... :cry:

This site is about bikes, chicks, humor, and a place to blow off some steam... I'm glad your enjoying it.... its only as good as the members make it.

:twisted:
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone.

Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

That looks like the photos you posted from Hungry Valley a few years back Igg-ro....
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Merry Xmas Hoons! I confess it has not been the best of years, but riding with some of you guys easily made the highlight reel. May there be more occasions next year!
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

redrocket190 wrote:Merry Xmas Hoons! I confess it has not been the best of years, but riding with some of you guys easily made the highlight reel. May there be more occasions next year!
Here-Here!!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »