Post by AlisoBob »

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Cool :cool:
Subscribed, get going! :lol:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Cool...that place is like riding on the moon.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Rhino89523 wrote:Cool...that place is like riding on the moon.
Yup for sure i have been going there for ages. I like it better then most of the big name Southern California riding spots.
Kevin
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Nice. Ocotillo is still one of my favorite spots to ride!

How far are you from there?
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

hoofarted wrote:Nice. Ocotillo is still one of my favorite spots to ride!

If you go past the Iron Door in Ocotilla on the 78 and keep heading east you will come to highway 86 go north on the 86. Some of the place i ride is considered Ocotilla but it far from the popular spots like Blowsand etc. I have ridden every inch of Ocotilla and the area where the video are filmed is way better. Big hillclimbs cool canyon riding and barely anybody there. My buddy has a house in salton sea so we can just ride out his driveway and hit it.
Kevin
redridermv

Post by redridermv »

Is that near Truck Haven? Those washes are a ton of fun
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

It is in the general area but Truck Haven is not where we ride usually. I like truck haven for 4x4's. They just did a big 4x4 jamboree there a couple weeks ago and you should of seen some of there faces as i rode my 500 up some of there hillclimbs with them on the hills too. Priceless
Kevin
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

freeride588 wrote:

My buddy has a house in salton sea so we can just ride out his driveway and hit it.
Next Hoon Event?

Never been. I keep blowing by the place cause I'm going to Glamis.

Funny how that lense makes it look like an endless hill climb cept for the wash. Image
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Hey we can do a Northern Hoonfest at my house. I ride right out of the driveway and can make it as nasty or as easy as anyone wants. I can link it to fuel stops, dual sport ride, sand, rocks, trees, hillclimbs, you name it I can get to it from the driveway. I have a jacuzzi for soothing sore muscles. I live on an acre so trailers can get into the backyard for camping and I have room in the house for those without trailers. I also have a stand alone 1200sqft man cave I built in the back for storing toys etc. that can be utilized as the clubhouse or for couch crashing........Oh what am I thinking, it will never happen but the offer is open.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:Hey we can do a Northern Hoonfest at my house. I ride right out of the driveway and can make it as nasty or as easy as anyone wants.
We should do this in Sept... and double down with the Reno Air Races...
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

iggys-amsoil wrote:
freeride588 wrote:

My buddy has a house in salton sea so we can just ride out his driveway and hit it.
Next Hoon Event?

Never been. I keep blowing by the place cause I'm going to Glamis.

Funny how that lense makes it look like an endless hill climb cept for the wash. Image
You dont see to many people out there riding which i like but there really is some world class riding out there and you can link up with the main areas in ocotillo no problem if you have a desert tank. I dont ride the main areas of ocotillo much anymore because i really love the salton sea area. You can ride to an old navy base with sand dunes thats pretty cool too and just the salton sea in genearl is a trip. My buddys place is small but there is plenty of space for trailers and stuff like that.
Kevin
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Rhino89523 wrote:Hey we can do a Northern Hoonfest at my house. I ride right out of the driveway and can make it as nasty or as easy as anyone wants. I can link it to fuel stops, dual sport ride, sand, rocks, trees, hillclimbs, you name it I can get to it from the driveway. I have a jacuzzi for soothing sore muscles. I live on an acre so trailers can get into the backyard for camping and I have room in the house for those without trailers. I also have a stand alone 1200sqft man cave I built in the back for storing toys etc. that can be utilized as the clubhouse or for couch crashing........Oh what am I thinking, it will never happen but the offer is open.
Sounds bitchen you might have to force me to leave after.
Kevin
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I like all the group ride enthusiasm!!

:whoop:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I am down for both. I am planning on Hoonfest and So-Cal Hoonfest. I am down to ride the Salton Sea and I ride out of my house as much as I can so anytime someone wants to roll with me sounds good. As far as talking people into leaving I can just start rolling re-runs of Reno 911.

I really prefer when people say "I think Reno is a shithole" and I can just respond "yep". If people leave downtown and see all the lakes, forest, and desert, or enjoy all the events. If you ride dirtbikes, streetbikes, snowboard, wakeboard, shoot guns, hunt, or really do anything that envolves enjoying the outdoors without a million people around the areas surrounding Reno are unbelievable. I think it is one of the most underrated places around....and I like it that way.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:... If you ride dirtbikes, streetbikes, snowboard, wakeboard, shoot guns, hunt, or really do anything that envolves enjoying the outdoors without a million people around the areas surrounding Reno are unbelievable.
http://www.visitrenotahoe.com/reno-taho ... ng/buffets
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Classic!!!! We do have buffets, I almost never go to them, some are pretty good but I would weigh 400lbs easy if I ate like that too often. Been trying to drop a few pounds as it is...sucks when your down to 280.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

freeride588 wrote:

If you go past the Iron Door in Ocotilla on the 78 and keep heading east you will come to highway 86 go north on the 86. Some of the place i ride is considered Ocotilla but it far from the popular spots like Blowsand etc. I have ridden every inch of Ocotilla and the area where the video are filmed is way better. Big hillclimbs cool canyon riding and barely anybody there. My buddy has a house in salton sea so we can just ride out his driveway and hit it.
the spot I usually go to is off SR22, West of the 86. So its barely Ocotillo. I come E on I10, S on 86.

Need to make it down there again...been a while...
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

hoofarted wrote:
freeride588 wrote:

the spot I usually go to is off SR22, West of the 86. So its barely Ocotillo. I come E on I10, S on 86.

Need to make it down there again...been a while...
Well it looks like you know the good spots to ride then too. That is pretty nch the area im talkin about all the way til the 78. Im here right now. Just found my piston is rubbing on the bridge. :cry:
Kevin