4x4 bushings

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
100hp honda

4x4 bushings

Post by 100hp honda »

anybody replaced the upper A arm bushings on a ifs 4x4 ? old ones were a mother to get out. got one new one in after hammering it for 20min. other one went in part way and no type of hammer was going to work. bushings seem to be .5mm bigger the the a-arm bore. is this normal ? was thinking use a dremel with sanding roll in the bore to make it maybe few thousands bigger or heat the arm with propane torch or something and quicky smack the bushings in. not sure either one of these ideas are good but i cant think of no other ways to get thembushings in. about ready to torch the sumbitch and push it off a cliff
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

watched some youtube vids. probly better not fuck with the arm. guess i better find a way to press them in
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

was thinking how do i press them in. one side can be pressed in but then the bolt has to go through them the other bushing put in. how the fak do i press the other side in with a bolt in there ????????? truck is pissin me off :x :x
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

I did it the easy way on my F150. Got the Camburg A-arms with the big uniballs and new poly bushings all around.
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

http://www.harborfreight.com/four-wheel ... -4065.html

Worth every penny for jobs like that.
And u joints, ball joints....