fun bike...

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
2strokeforever

fun bike...

Post by 2strokeforever »

my bike is in pieces so my buddy asks if i want to work on his 2010 yz290f and ride it, jetting is of from the big bore kit, and it keeps stalling with a rekluse clutch, what a POS get the jetting sorted and it still stalls, change to the stiffest, highest engagement rpm spring and take a few bearings out of the rekluse, still stalls :roll:

so i swap a real clutch in, and WOW i love this bike, light feeling and strong bottom end, but its still controllable, its gotta be one of the fastest, easy to ride trail bikes, guaranteed if i raced this it would make me competive in the next class up.....

but i ride for fun so im sticking with the 2 stroke
definatly a good bike if you are after points.....
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

they are fun to ride i have a little crf in the build at the moment
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
Gravel Scratcher

Re: fun bike...

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

2strokeforever wrote: what a POS get the jetting sorted and it still stalls, change to the stiffest, highest engagement rpm spring and take a few bearings out of the rekluse, still stalls :roll:

Mate, i'm sick of you dribbling shit regarding the rekluse. :evil:
If its stalling you did not have it set right, thousands of other happy people out there run them. Some people like em', some don't each to there own but stop whinging about it
Yeah your right about any of that new gear, its very easy to flick around and go a bit quicker.
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

k i guess ill have to say someting good about the rekluse so feelings arent hurt :lol:

i like how the plates are laser cut and are as flat as saskatchewan, instead of punched out like oem with a little bit of a bow and uneven sharp edges where it rides on the hub
i also like how the hub is made, seems like a much better way of doing it
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish