use my gen 1,2,3 and which engine 87,or 96 help please

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
smokey0159

use my gen 1,2,3 and which engine 87,or 96 help please

Post by smokey0159 »

hi to all hoons i need some help from people that have done conversions i have a 87 and a 96 cr500 motors plus i have the gen 1,2,3 cr250 all running i wanting to know from people,s build which will be the best gen to use and the best motor to use, i want the best handling frame and best engine to use i have and keep the conversion coming
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

use the 96 motor so theres no coolant hose cobble work and you dont need to bore the rear bushings.
gen3 for sure
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:use the 96 motor so theres no coolant hose cobble work and you dont need to bore the rear bushings.
gen3 for sure
X491
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

Put the 87 jug on the 96 lower end with the gen 3
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

that'd run good, but the crancase volume is huge.
smokey0159

going to use

Post by smokey0159 »

im going to use the 96 engine and the gen 3 i might try that withe jug later on when i have done the conversion im going to get started at weekend stripping bike and cutting frame any tips in the right direction would be appreciated like what bits did you find tricky etc thanks fellow hoons
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Welcome :clink:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

the gen3 might have the most build threads in the AF section, some guys cut the tube and extend it while raising the Y, some guys push em with a jack and open the Y from the backside. Pretty much whatever you can feel more comfortable with. Build a headstay from the dimensions listed in algavas thread or supply an email and someone will send you the drawing. Using that headstay and the stock lower mounts will setup where the front mounts need to be installed, get the 125 swingarm bushings, its cheaper to buy the allballs complete kit than the oem sleeve only.

Get started!
smokey0159

thanks

Post by smokey0159 »

thanks for info im going to cut the y and raise it i dont really want to stretch the frame i think it would weaken the frame?? i was going to do it to my gen 2 but i just found out it was ex champions in uk at amca gary davies bike so im defo going to keep that the way it is lol