GEN 5 crf450 frame conversion parts wanted or fab, FROM AUS

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
mikesmith

GEN 5 crf450 frame conversion parts wanted or fab, FROM AUS

Post by mikesmith »

hey guys

i have come across a nice 09 crf450 roller and am looking to put a 500 motor into it.

i am from australia and am wondering if anyone on here knows anyone in melbourne who can do the conversion for me, just the frame mods or someone on the forums who can supply me with a billet Y piece to fit to the frame.

i saw user Eric_B had a guy in melbourne do his frame does anyone know who the place is that did it and number mayb?

i would prefer the billet Y piece as opposed to reusing the factory Y and new rails as i dont really have a fabricator here i can trust to do that sort of fab work but know some really good tig welders.

also if anyone has an engine jig they can sell or lend me for the buid would be much apprecitated.

otherwise its a full engine strip down and use the empty cases and cylinder. :( to much work lol.

any help is appreciated guys once the bike is in the build i will get some pics and info up on it!!

thanks

mike
gusaberg

Post by gusaberg »

Hi mikesmith,

I have an airbox adaptor from my build, I purchased it thinking that it would work for the crf250 but it is only good for the crf450 if that interests you?, I got some of my parts from a chap on our side of the pond, I'm not sure he is doing the parts any more as his kits (the proprietry info may have been sold to paul) are being sold by Paul Stoffers on this site. Paul has been very good to deal with and does do a better looking rail to help clearance issuses, I got my motor mounts from Paul and are quality parts.

Good luck and post up your build as it goes, there is good info on here and some one may pick up a fcuk up before you get too far with it :wink:
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

Hold your horses Tonto, the gen 5 is a totally different beast. I think your refering to Brits gen 5 which was done by solid bro which is in the states not here. The frame rails are some weird shape which i couldn't find off the shelf. Full cradle replacement with square tube or my preferred way is to machine the wye to the funny rail profile. As i have no personal access to machining equipment it has proved hard to get a machinist up our way to do this kind of small job in the middle of a mining boom and hence i've had my conversion on ice for awhile. Still fiddling with 3 other bike dosen't help either.
MX dogger is in the middle of a gen 5 which i'm waiting for updates on progress, check out his other builds his work is very clean along with many others on here. Do a bit of reading first.
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Check out Britincali's gen 5 build http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/view ... hp?t=10357 then contact Eric (Solid bro) http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=8553 I'd bet he could put a kit together and send it to you.
mikesmith

Post by mikesmith »

have read thru the britncali's build and have sent SOLID BRO some pms just havent got a reply.

want to get this underway soon but as i said user ERIC-B had a bloke in melbourne do his bike with a billet Y piece so hopefully i can find out who he is.
Gravel Scratcher

solid bro = Eric
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
Gravel Scratcher

The aussie eric hasn't been around for a while, maybe just lurking :?:
and by the way thats not a gen 5 he did
gusaberg

Post by gusaberg »

Well spotted Gravel Scratcher, I should have read the title better, my air box adaptor would no good in the 09 model gen5 crf450r correct?.

ps i still think stoffers does good work :D
mikesmith

Post by mikesmith »

i know the other conversion done was not a gen 5 but if i give the bike to the bloke i dont think he would have to much trouble doing it scene as he had done the other one.

very hard to get conversion parts for the gen 5's or even knowledge on how to do them.

as i said i have sent some pm's to SOLID BRO and will hopefully get a reply soon and would be rapt if i could just get the billet y piece and then the rest can be made pretty easily down here.
Eric B

Post by Eric B »

Yeah, havent been here for a while but Mike you have an email in your inbox with all the info you need.
What its looking like these days...

mikesmith

Post by mikesmith »

eric got onto your mate in melbourne and will most likely be dropping the bike off at him.

yours is looking a million bucks love it. u racing motard over there??

would be nice to get one road registered for a bit of a daily thrash.
K-dogg

Post by K-dogg »

We finished up a few y's. I am offering the first two, to people who showed interest and the third is for our second build. If there is enough interest we will sell ours.

You can follow our first build here.---------->http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... hp?t=11140