bikes

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
2strokeforever

bikes

Post by 2strokeforever »

im looking for opinions about husaberg 570 or 450 bikes, and ktm 300
i may be riding one of those next year, it will be brand new
i mostly trail ride

are the husabergs reliable?, word is there 271 lbs full of fuel :shock: but they are supposed to feel lighter when your going

i woulndt sell the 500 even if i became paraplegic......

any one who owns one of these speak up please
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I don't own either but ride with a bunch of orange Kool Aid drinkers. The 300 seems to have some nuts and the people who ride them seem to really like them. No reviews of new Husapig but the old ones broke a lot, thats all I've got.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Add the YZ250 to that list.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

My $.02 worth. That'll be about ALL it's worth. Rode my 450 in the woods and it was obvious that a Rekluse was in order. So budget for that. Flat out, the 4-stroke is no where near as much fun in those circumstances. I've ridden my 500 and 250 on the same trails, so I had something to compare to. You ESPECIALLY don't want a 270 lb pig for that kind of riding, how light is it REALLY going to feel? Is it going to feel like it's 220? Doubtful. Friend of mine owns a 300 Pumpkin and loves it. His knees are bad so he can't even moto anymore, that bike only sees the trails. Claims it's the best all round bike he has ever owned. Great powerband, linear all the way through with lots of bottom end. Thought about one myself, although I owned an 03 525. NOT a good experience, that bike left me pretty bitter about KTM's. Overall, I think you're better of staying on a smoker for your kind of riding.
jarnott71

Post by jarnott71 »

i know u didnt ask but cr 250 imo is the best singel track bike their is 450 fun but front end heavy ktm parts cost way to much and the guy that said the husky feels light just dont want to say he should have bought a honda i love the 500 but iv had alot of bikes and the cr 250 is the best most reliable bike and very affordable and i wont live without one the thing is a trail rail and tuned right will be just as fast as any bike u listed
no wing no prayer
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

jarnott71 wrote:i know u didnt ask but cr 250 imo is the best singel track bike their is 450 fun but front end heavy ktm parts cost way to much and the guy that said the husky feels light just dont want to say he should have bought a honda i love the 500 but iv had alot of bikes and the cr 250 is the best most reliable bike and very affordable and i wont live without one the thing is a trail rail and tuned right will be just as fast as any bike u listed
Yup :lol:

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

husaberg sells a rebadged ktm 300........ :wink:

but otherwise id be thinking ktm 150 or yz 250
should have somekind of modern trials bike too, by next spring
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

so if by chance you buy a 4 stroke you going to change your name
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

I will second the CR250. My 00 is a blast to trail ride. light, tons of power, and with the PC pipe, the powerband is wide enough that you can lug pretty gnarly trails in second gear and not worry about stalling.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Rue

Post by Rue »

MojoScojo wrote:Add the YZ250 to that list.

X2

Can't go wrong with the YZ250. :wink:
AFC Build link
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... 220#106220

"Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love" (David McCullough)
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Rue wrote:
MojoScojo wrote:Add the YZ250 to that list.

X2

Can't go wrong with the YZ250. :wink:
Yep. Not saying it's the best choice, only a mistake not to consider.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

im looking for opinions about husaberg 570 or 450 bikes, and ktm 300
i may be riding one of those next year, it will be brand new
husaberg sells a rebadged ktm 300........
but otherwise id be thinking ktm 150 or yz 250
see a pattern? :D
so if by chance you buy a 4 stroke you going to change your name
500 is still gonna see lots of use too
4stroke=dead fish
other

bikes

Post by other »

I love my 570 Berg. If you have to ride a 4 stroke, it's the best there is. It DOES feel light on single track (unless you have to pick the sucker up after a fall) and the 70HP is awesome fun, with all that torque too. Definately needs a steering dampener, and StegPegz coz it's flat-sided, but other than that (and the twitchy front end is no worse than all current KTM's, and most model CRs), it's hard to fault. No reliability issues at all(mine now has 3800 KMs on it). It's a keeper, in my opinion.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I personally like to stick with the big 4 mostly because of parts and cost of ownership. I have a friend who bought a husqvarna 450 about 2 years ago and loves it and I know plenty of KTM riders who love their bikes, but the local shops stock 90% of the parts and accessories I need for my bike at any given time.
From what I have heard KTM bought husaburg to essentially be their R&D/Test market. They use that name to release risky designs before slapping a ktm logo on them.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

They use that name to release risky designs before slapping a ktm logo on them.
i know....
rode a 390 this weekend..... freaking tank, but it turns 200 times better than my 500 or any other jap bike (except 125s) , makes it look like i know how to blast a berm
but once you stop the thing is 300lbs again

it will have to be the 300
4stroke=dead fish