Now it's my freaking turn. yeah cops can rant too

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
britincali

Post by britincali »

icediver wrote:

There are plenty of Officers that do the job for the wrong reasons. Many Officers are assholes, jerks, etc. Some Officers are crooks, liars etc, not all are. You have scum in every profession, but everyone loves a "Bad Cop" story, hence the high media attention when it happens.

ou812, don't take this as a personal attack or anything, I just needed to vent, as did you. If we ever meet, I will prove to you that all cops are not assholes, I'll even bring the beer.

Icediver

Nailed it :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

X2
ou812

Post by ou812 »

ou812, don't take this as a personal attack or anything, I just needed to vent, as did you. If we ever meet, I will prove to you that all cops are not assholes, I'll even bring the beer.
I don't take what you say as a attack of any kind, it is truely your right to express your opinion.
matter of fact I personally know of a few with a very high moral standard.

So saying that does that make me a cop hater or a person that does not like scum bag cops?
icediver

Post by icediver »

ou812 wrote:
I don't take what you say as a attack of any kind, it is truely your right to express your opinion.
matter of fact I personally know of a few with a very high moral standard.

So saying that does that make me a cop hater or a person that does not like scum bag cops?
Saying that makes you a human being, just like the rest of us, possibly brit too. "Cop Hater" is a strong term flung much to frequently. Nobody likes being told what to do, and unfortunately, Cops are expected to do that all to often. In turn, many people do not like "cops" but may be friends with law enforcement officers outside of their profession.

In a perfect world we would not need cops at all. Everyone would get a long, not fight, not drive dangerously, not steal. Unfortunately we don't live there, and cops are needed to remind people once in a while that what they are doing is wrong.

I probably have a different view on things than most cops. I don't give a shit what you do as long as it doesn't affect anyone else. If you want to get stoned, wasted, drugged out of your mind, in your own home, go for it. If you steal to get your drugs, or expose young children to it, or drive in that condition, then I have issue with it and will react accordingly.

If I catch you doing 100MPH in the middle of nowhere, at 3:00AM just because you can, you probably won't get a ticket. You would probably get your ass chewed, which pisses most people off. The only reason I would bitch at all is because someone else might be effected by your actions. I could care less if you wrap you car around a tree, your choice not mine. I never write speeding tickets. It is not laziness, or lack job motivation. I know how much insurance costs. I know how expensive tickets are.

If I stop a juvenile doing something stupid in a car, often times I bitch them out, and tell them to go home and tell their parents to call me. I have better luck doing this than writing a ticket "almost" everytime. Once in awhile, some inbred couple will spawn, and be mad as hell because I swore at their precious little Billy Jr, when I caught him doing 90mph in his 1978 chevy truck, but for the most part it works.

Long story short, there are assholes everywhere. I don't really see a larger percentage in law enforcement over any other profession. Maybe a few more with chips on their shoulders, but not an over abundance. And trust me, other cops know which cops have a chip on their shoulder, and treat them accordingly. I have reminded many a rookie that we live in the United States of America. Don't harass the average working person over a speeding ticket. No you cannot search their car because you want to. Would you want to have your car searched for speeding? Constitutional law should be focused on much more at the academy than it is.

Damn I hate typing. Maybe thats why I don't write tickets.

:lol:
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

http://www.break.com/index/dude-tazered ... icket.html

This guy has to be the biggest asshat on the planet!
ou812

Post by ou812 »

Icediver your comments are that of a officer who conducts himself in a manner which all police officers should aspire to and I commend you. The point I try to make is this , if you have a guy who paint your house or any other profesion and is a asshole he can be delt with but unlike no other profession when you are a asshole cop you are packing a gun, a tazzer, bullet proof vest, club, shoot gun, car with battering ram and other goodies and you can be a total asshole and at the same time get TOTAL credibilty because you are the officer and the made up story that is given to get away with a cowardly act or two.

Not true to you but it's been done to me and in this great system we have my only lawful recourse is civil action which most victims cannot afford and this is also well known to a scumbag cop. So I must finance out of my pocket 50 some grand while he gets all paid by me and all the tax paying people. To me this is a little like salt in the wound.

While I am not sure and may be you can tell use, why is that officer demanding that that guy sign the ticket? Atleast in Canada there is no legal requirement for a person to sign any document offered by a police officer. You do hear him say that the guy was tazzered for failing to follow his orders and he was ordered to sign the ticket. Does that guy being a person in the USA have the right to remain silent and also to not sign the ticket?
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

slomas wrote:http://www.break.com/index/dude-tazered ... icket.html

Who the cop or the idiot that wasn't doing what he was told?
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

sabreguy wrote:

I'm thinking the cop was a little out of line... over a traffic ticket.
britincali

Post by britincali »

slomas wrote:
sabreguy wrote:

I'm thinking the cop was a little out of line... over a traffic ticket.

Cop was WAYYYY out of line IMO, he needs the shit kicking out of him.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
icediver

Post by icediver »

I'm not sure how it works in other states, but here, signing a ticket is a acknowledging that you agree to appear in court, not an admission of guilt. By refusing to sign a ticket, many times (in Maine at least), the subject would be arrested. By arresting the subject, they would have to sign in order to be released from jail. It is also a separate crime all together here, for refusing to sign.

The cop is an asshat.
:wink:
ou812

Post by ou812 »

So that is differant then in Canada as the officer can only make a offer to sign and while most people don't know it, they are under no obligation to sign and the officer just writes "refused to sign" . By doing this it will force him to attend court to swear service in person and also it also gives the person a chance to demand full disclosure on the officer. Some officers are not prepaired to deal with disclosure.