2 KX500 motors cheap....passing it along

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
ridin4fun

2 KX500 motors cheap....passing it along

Post by ridin4fun »

http://jackson.craigslist.org/mcy/2478962443.html

Called this guy about the ad. He says cylinders need to be replated and probably need new cranks. Has enough electronics for one engine. Two complete motors with good cases and gearboxes is a good deal for $300. The guy sounds pretty straight. If I was into green bikes I'd be all over this. These are 87's or 88's. Does anyone know which years will interchange?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I want em :lol:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I'm In! :lol:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

bought a kx500 kit and used the fibers in the ktm. pretty sure i still got the steels sitting around i think. real cheap if you need em. never been used
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

i'll keep that in mind
ridin4fun

Post by ridin4fun »

Cool. I figured somebody on here would want them. That's a pretty smokin deal, but only if you're into Kwackers. I dream of findin a deal like that on two (or even one!) CR500 motors.
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

Adam, I have tons of parts and a few really dented up pipes if you would like me to cut the exhaust inlets off, you could graft them to CR pipes. let me know if you need any K5 stuff.
Ryan
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I got these motors today, the AD claimed NO CRACKS
1 set of cases is broke from the rod wedging a piston skirt against it :roll: . Dude has been very good to work with and is kicking back 50$. One crank appears to be junk, there is some hardcore rust holding the bearing onto it, one cylinder is an 86.
I bought a 1989+ cyl to retro-fit :wink:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ya i pretty much gave up buying motor parts from craigslist. got burned several times. wanted to send the shit back with a bomb included :D . almost bought a ktm bottom end few days back from craigslist for dirt cheap but it just didnt seem right. dumb fucker couldnt remeber exactly how he split the cases :roll: . said he "might" of used some kind of hammer :x . ebay is sketchy also. bought some kickstart gears and the fuggin teeth were all chipped. douch bags
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I think it was so dirty he coupldnt tell :lol:
someone had done a nice camo epoxy job and ran it before too.

I have one premium engine tho