The "Top Ten" reasons we crash.......

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

The "Top Ten" reasons we crash.......

Post by AlisoBob »

Got this in a email today.. Funny Stuff!

1) You just bought New Gear. Nothing will bring you down faster than wearing that new gear. Fall in the dirt, roll around wash it at least once, then wear it. Demons-be-gone.

2) You mentioned "One Last Time" around the track. You never EVER should say, "I'm just going to take one last lap around the track." Instead, say something like: "I'm going take another lap." Better yet, say nothing!

3) Hadn't crashed in a long while - and voiced that point to your friends. It's good not to crash hard. You can go YEARS without a hard tumble. Just be sure not to mention that to anyone. As soon as you do, all your good crash Karma is reset to zero.

4) Brand new bike - no falls yet. ALWAYS, and I mean always make sure your bike has at least one dump-over on it before you ride it hard. If you have to, get a riding buddy to take you out and nerf you for a quick tumble . If you are desperate and you just have to ride it... roll it out of the truck and throw it to the ground. Again, Demons Be Gone.

5) Your bike is perfect and/or running the best it ever has. You will never have you bike set up more perfectly than just before you eat it hard. My advice is always leave a little something loose or broken. My right rear number plate is cracked - and by goodness, it's going to stay that way.

6) Someone comments on how much you've improved out there. That means you have "taken it to the next level". Problem is, that level is faster than the one you just came from and it has a whole new set of demons attached to it. If someone tells you that, just shrug and say "I don't know. Feels the same to me." And run away.

7) You've cleared that big jump and swore it was the last time. But now it teases you... Yes. It teases you for a reason. It wants you to Eat the Big One. Each killer obstacle on the track has a quota, just like the policeman has to write tickets. It's not written down anywhere, but the track needs soil-samples to survive.

8 Your helmet has the original visor. Drop your new helmet on the ground at the store and replace the visor before you leave. This is cheap insurance. When the helmet hits the ground - which it eventually MUST - don't let your head be in it.

9) You just got off the track and told everyone "I'm feeling awesome out there!" Bing. Don't to it! Never talk about your mojo. It can hurt you. Even if your smooth as butter, just bite your tongue and it will pay off. Just be careful of item #6.

10) You left some piece of equipment at home, but you ride without it anyway. Knee pads? You are about to take a shot to the knee. Chest protector, elbow pads, gloves - you may never need them, but if you don't have them and ride anyway - just take my advice on this one and spare yourself some pain and suffering. Nothing, by the way, is safer than borrowed gear - so use your buddy's if need be.

11) Never ever ride in front of the camera... it never fails that as soon as a camera comes out so does peoples wanna be manhood... Hey watch this.. Click Crash BOOM.. ( From ISBB)
Last edited by AlisoBob on November 21st, 2007, 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Thats great, 100% on the money :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
TJC510

Post by TJC510 »

:lmao:

seems like every time i get a new helmet, the first ride, i always crash and land on my head.
TJ
2005 cr500af
2008 300XC/w
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Never, EVER talk about your mojo. :stretcher: :wink:
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

never ever ride in front of the camera... it never fails that as soon as a camera comes out so does peoples wanna be manhood... Hey watch this.. Click Crash BOOM..
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

I like number seven about the quota. Sometimes, it sure as hell seems that way.
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net