Military huts and caps, how do you call them?

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
xtremeslide

Military huts and caps, how do you call them?

Post by xtremeslide »

In my country there's several names for the differents huts and caps in the army, navy and air force, but i want to know the name that you give to this huts in your armed forces.

Normally the names of this huts are very weird in the common languaje i'm going to translate the name that we give to them.

For example in this pic of the Navy Seals they wear a hut called "pamela" in spanish marines or "chambergo" in La legion

This kind of hut it's called "Lepanto" it's usually used by the navy guys, obvious i guess....

The Spanish marines use the same cap as yours here it's called "Teresiana",Spanish marines (Infanteria de Marina) was found in 1537
but now all the gear it's very similar to U.S marines. they wear 20-15 or less years ago a green beret .

Althought the two stripes in the pants "franjas " it's an ancient tradition it's related to King's house for war honours i don't know now when it was introduced but minimun in the XIX century. But only the spanish marines and the king's guard can wear it.

This suit is called "traje de franjas" and there's two colours in the winter and in the summer.The cap it's called "gorra de plato"

the green berets "boinas verdes" there's several green berets,in the marines, in the army,etc...

And la Legion, founded in 1920, with ex-cons for fight the arabs in Morocco, nowadays it's a crap and only a slight shadow of what it was and they accept women nor like the French foreign legion....the cap it's called "chapiri"

I hope you enjoyed this and i expect some help for me to learn the names that you give to the different huts and caps in your armed forces.
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I was in the Air Force, we didn't get real fancy.
Most of the time it was referred to as "cover".
The flat, folded cap was called a "britincali cap".
xtremeslide

Re: Military huts and caps, how do you call them?

Post by xtremeslide »

Could you give a graphic example please?
CR500R
V-MAX 1200