kid sees god while riding yz80

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

whipper snapper experienced the power of the powerband :lmao:. aparently it was his first and last ride on the mighty yz80

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... earch=yz80
other

Post by other »

Seen this happen first hand . . .
Years ago, a mate at work asked me to find a good YZ80 for his 10 year old son, as Dad thought he was ready to master a manual clutch. This poor kid was gonna get off a PeeWee80, onto a YZ ! I begged my mate to re-think it, get a DT125, or a DS80, or even a 4 stroke God help us, anything excepy a peaky-as-fuck race oriented 80 ! Nah, wouldn't be swayed, so I bought a nice old YZ80, rebuilt it all, and dropped it around to his house. I said, "watch this" before I handed it over, rode down the streeet, then screamed back past him, 6 gears worth with the front wheel airfreighted the whole way ! "Are you sure you want to put your son on that ? Again, he was adamant . . . . .
Kid rode it once, and hasn't ridden a bike since (bought a Chinese quad, if I remember rightly), and Dad rode it once, crashed it through his neighbours fence whilst flapping off the back like laundry on a windy day . . . . . Some people just can't be told what's good for 'em. These things don't have that much power, but they deliver it pretty explosively. Add that to the short wheelbase . . . . .
Years later, I bought myself a KTM SX50 Pro, to ride when we'd had a couple too many beers, and a proper bike was a bit dangerous . . . .Fuck, I lost track of how many times I crashed that bloody thing, still got the scars today !
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Yah, I bought my daughter a CR60 back in the day.
She never rode it because the screaming engine scared her.
I rode it a couple of times and it dumped me every time.
It doesn't do much til 10k rpm then it's like a raped ape. :lol:
She was much happier on her ATC70 and mini trail 50. :lol: