Any Tricks?

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
Rhino89523

Any Tricks?

Post by Rhino89523 »

O.K. I will start with I am the worst tuner in history and we can go from there.

So I normally ride harsh rocky crap single track at fairly low speed and I have come to find out that I have turned my suspension into a mush pot. I went out last weekend into Nevada desert....i.e. waay fast between single track, everything is whooped. I am riding with one of my good buds who is fast as hell on a KTM525 and I'm getting smoked bad in the fast stuff, bike is wallowing and I can't seem to skip anything.

I tell my buddy Dolf I am floundering in the fast stuff...I'm writing it off as getting old, lazy and fat. He says "dude is it hitting you in the ass?" Big Time...he says "slow down your rebound" O.K. 2 clicks.....2more....2 more....now I'm ripping whoops like I used to when thats all I rode.

Anyway, what kinds of little tricks do you guys know....I just seem to ride whatever is underneath me. I understand what clicker does what, I just don't know which way to go for each style of terrain.

Tips and tricks helpful....I hate getting full on waxed. My adjustments didn't mess me up in the rocks either

Lets just get some theory talk going, maybe argue a little so I can learn. What do you guys like, fast rebound, fast compression, slow both...HELP!!!!
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

swap bikes with a guy with a front and rear ohlins TTX setup.... if there serious enough to fork over $3000+ chances are they can adjust clickers to perfection
been there done that, worked well
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish