New project.

Recount your rebuilds here!
Big Zero

New project.

Post by Big Zero »

I picked up a 94' CR500 Dirt track bike the other day. I have begun searching around for the parts I am going to need to get her looking a little bit more like she did when she was new. I am having a hard time finding the Pink/Red body panels that were on there originally. Anyone on here have any idea where to find that stuff? My other 94' I had, had all the same color panels. From the fork guards to the number plates, it was all that pink/red color. I have seen a few of the parts here and there, but have yet to find the number plates, fork guards and rad shrouds.

I would just go with the newer (2001) plastics, but the pink seat would have to be changed over. I just thought the pink was different so I would like to keep it stock looking for the year.

here is a link to a picture of the bike and a little about the goodies on it.

Paul

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthre ... 38-New-Toy
It's always something!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

back in the day my buddy bought a '94 brandnew. it was a nice machine. did you try s/h for the plastics ?
Big Zero

Post by Big Zero »

I will give them a try. I found most of the parts on cheap cycle parts.com. Only the shrouds and rear fender were discontinued along the the OEM graphics.

I will give S/H a try.

Thanks for the info.

Paul
It's always something!
Big Zero

Post by Big Zero »

I checked the S/H website. According to the oem parts list, they have everything. The total without seat and new tank (just the proper color plastics) comes to roughly $400. I am going to have to think long and hard about spending that much for plastic pieces and a couple stickers. I did buy the bike pretty right, so I may splurge and get the OEM stuff rather than go for the UFO stuff and buy a new seat cover.

Thanks again for the tip.

Paul
It's always something!
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Just tripped across this. I bought plastic for my 93 250 from Mr X in Pontiac Mi. They had BOXES of the right colour there. Can't remember the mfg but I bought everything I needed.