Need to know the width of a casing

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
blackz34

Need to know the width of a casing

Post by blackz34 »

I got a '86 engine but for some reason someone ground the rear of the left case where the swingarm bushing goes. The right case wasn't touched. So I need to know are the two halves should have the same width? If they are not the same, what is the OEM width of the left one?

I want to make an aluminum bushing an weld it to the case to get back to the correct width.

Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

Personally rather than weld the cases I'd get the steel bushing remade to make up the difference.
matt_NC

Post by matt_NC »

All those square edged cuts are just asking for a fracture

:shock:
blackz34

Post by blackz34 »

matt_NC wrote:All those square edged cuts are just asking for a fracture

:shock:
I said I want to make a bushing but actually i want to make a plate to
fill the milled space and weld it so it would add strenght and.
blackz34

Post by blackz34 »

Gmbond wrote:Personally rather than weld the cases I'd get the steel bushing remade to make up the difference.
Casings needs 2-3 other minor repair to be done so while it is at my welder shop I might just as well do it right.

Not that your idea isn't correct, I also thought of just finding a swingarm spacer longer and call it a day but I still need to know how much longer I would need.

But this is a spare engine i'm building for my CR500AF 06 (450 frame) so I'd prefer it to be a simple swap if I need to.

Or maybe I will find a cheap roller ...
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

wonder if that thing was used in a frankenstein project. kawasaki or suzuki with wider swingarm maybe ?