Billet y

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

Boys boys boys! Let's get back on track here! I got buttfuc*ed with no grease here. So I pm pstoffer we will see if he can salvage my frame. I hope he can!
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

here is a post about a billet wye I bought

http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1294612191

also study AF's gen 3 125 build
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

That looks pretty unusable to me, but what do I know? I've only built Gen 1's, Gen 3's, and Gen 4's.

You better ask Clyde.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Flatbiller wrote: I hope he can!
No way....
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

I can't view it I'm not a member
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

When I say I hope he can I mean the y, the cradle can get new rails I'm ok with that, I just don't wanna loose
the frame it self,
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

ImageImage
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

AlisoBob wrote:ImageImage
Looks good, but I honestly don't know anything. That's why I had some one build my bike, aparently he had no idea either. What's the y cost
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

now that I reread I see you ar probably talking about a 250 frame.

I really like the "algava" method for those, but a little late to do that.

If I rode MX I might be concerned with your frame. I never get very far off the ground, so I would run it and keep an eye on it.
mr2ace

Post by mr2ace »

maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

bought the wye on ebay over a year ago. Paid somewhere between 200 and 300. I have the guys e-mail, I will see if he has more and what he wants for them.

I do know he does not know how well the fit the 250 frames, because I asked
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

I ride desert and every once in a while I will huck it at a mx track. I'm in the 300 club as far as my weight goes. Im not jumping huge but jumping
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

I shot Stoffer and solid a pm. Let's see what they say
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

hey flatbiller, heres the bottom line. i told you what some of the options were. you do not need a new frame. if you want a new frame, thats your decision. if someone has sent you a pm saying its critical you buy a new frame, whether it be one from ebay or stouffers, there blowing smoke up your ass.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob wrote:
That looks pretty unusable to me, but what do I know? I've only built Gen 1's, Gen 3's, and Gen 4's.

You better ask Clyde.
bob youve never tig'd a fuckin thing in your life, and neither have i. dont make it sound like your a master builder of anything. for christ sake youve never even taken apart a bottom end :roll:. what you did was cut the frame and took it to somebody for rewelding.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

There ya go again, runnin' your mouth....

I've Tig'd, Mig', Arc'd, Plasma'd, Oxy'/ Acctl'd, Braze'd, Spot'd, just about everything.... with steel.

I've built 2 stroke / 4 stroke bike motors

Gas / Diesel Automotive motors

I've even rebuilt a Lycoming IO/ 360. Your too dumb to even know what that is.

I've never driven a snow plow for 10 hours a day, and come home with $150 in my pocket though...

Whats that like?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

how much stoffers asking for already modded frames ?

how much solid bro charge to make new cradle and Y ?

lets see some numbers :eatdrink:
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

WOW!

Anyways if a pm is in the sent box obviously it was sent. But if a pm is in the outbox does that mean it's pending? I'm a fuc*n tard.
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

100hp honda wrote:how much stoffers asking for already modded frames ?

how much solid bro charge to make new cradle and Y ?

lets see some numbers :eatdrink:
I dunno. I don't know if they got my pm's?
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

So I didn't sleep all to well last night, thinking about my shitbox in the garage, I got to thinking about the y.... I hack off the cradle and motor mounts and go all new tube, and for the y, I would like to get billet y but if that doesn't happen, what about putting a plate on the front and back of the y and putting a gusset on either side where the y was hogged out.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

Well Flatbiller, all is not lost. At least you didn't buy an MPS frame! Like me. Having said that, I didn't lose a moments sleep over that. Shrugged my shoulders after rippin that clown a new one, and found this site. What you have can be fixed. On another note, Bob and 100hp, keep that shit comin'. This is gettin goooooooood! ( Sorry I had to ) :eatdrink:
Gmbond

Post by Gmbond »

If you are going to do new cradle tubes and are wanting a new Y you should buy a "junk" gen4 crf250f frame off eBay for cheap and get the seller to cut the Y out and ship it only to you (see if they'll ship it and cut it cheap!). Then use the cast Y for factory coolness. See bobs gen4 build to see what this would look like
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

I get $1500 to do a Gen3. This includes frame, radiator modifications, all oem bolts for front mount and head stay and a coil mount that will accept all 500/250 coils. There are people that will do it cheaper then me. I do not cut the frame just the inside of the Y out. I think the spliced frames look like shit. Will most of them be ok? Yes, Will some frames crack? Yes for lots of reasons.
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

the point i tried to make all the way back in the beggining is: flatbiller dont need a new frame. if he wants to buy one then so be it but his is fine and useable.

heres one scenario

1- buy some 1x1 cradle tube. maybe someone has short lengths they will sell, if not then buy 20' minimum order from online, its $75. take half and sell the other half to get half your money back.

2- buy some motor mounts from somebody here

3- send frame, tube and mounts to solid bro. he can make the Y and weld everything together.............. DONE
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I think all this crap could have been avoided if F/B would have posted up his build first, and described his intentions before hacking everything up....

You have several ways to go... I like the idea of harvesting the cast Gen 4 250F "Y", and getting new cradle tubes.