Premix ratios for plated 2 strokes?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
qkenuf4u

Re: cruise

Post by qkenuf4u »

110% agreed KBALL... and when i do get it all squared away i will def. post what i found worked best for me.. :cool:
at this point
39mm PWK
180 main
45 pilot (but since it cooled off i need to bring it back up to a 48-52- to lean at cruise)
stock 1460 or something needle (crap needle from what everyones told me)
91 w/ 927 or YAMALUBE at 32:1
clean idle now (yaaaa PWK idle circuit)

being its a street bike i cant really ride it like a dirt bike and it wont be doing any day trips. so ill get it to work for just surface street riding... im close but really need that needle...
its all tore apart at the moment since im re-building BRITS old AF setup... waiting on bearings etc. and then it will be back on the road... (couple weeks :twisted: )
kball1313 wrote:Sure it will if you're talking about a specific speed. Dial it best you can at 60. More importantly the bike should be ridden hard enough you'll never know the difference anyway.

Everyone's got their own bikes, and they're all a bit different in some way, so when you do come up with your combo, post it up. I'm curious to see what it ends up at and it's more productive than arguing simple things.

I'd rather help than piss on each others feet. Mines 50:1 dominator, 94 pump gas, 39pwk, 14/40 for around town, pc pipe, Q silencer, 178/52 at sea level. Now my porting is the factor that throws anything out the window. Runs strong and works. Clean burn, no spooge.

My steely motard was all stock, down to the pipe and I ran it stock 175 main and one up on the pilot. Pretty decent, but always had a surge at some speed.

Having a street legal 500 to jet is a problem we're lucky to have. There's a lot of dudes that would love to have a problem like that.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: street

Post by AlisoBob »

qkenuf4u wrote:...actually i have in 3rd and never knew it.
If you cant tell your in 3rd instead of 1st your either a liar or retarded.
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

AlisoBob wrote:
qkenuf4u wrote:...actually i have in 3rd and never knew it.
If you cant tell your in 3rd instead of 1st your either a liar or retarded.
whatever bob.... youre a seriously BITTER OLD MAN aint you... :roll: its cool youre a PERFECT RIDER and have NEVER EVER IN YOUR ENTIRE RIDING LIFE MADE A MISTAKE..... youre so cool.... :roll: and again its called TORQUE...

banned for life here i come cause i hurt poor bobs feelings again..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

You dont hurt anyones feelings, because you dont matter.

Take a poll from anyone on this site, The INSTANT you let the clutch out in a gear your not expectiing to be in, you know it.

And if you dont, your a dooshbag.

My flippin' kid just moved up to a CRF80, and some times he's in the wrong gear... and he knows it the instant he lets the clutch out.... and he's rode the bike 4 times.
2T500

Post by 2T500 »

kball1313 wrote:I run 50:1 Amsoil Dominator in all my 500's and 250's. This includes a street legal supermoto, a bike I only run in the dunes and a woods 250. The biggest problem with all these posts is people not knowing how to jet an engine in the first place.

32:1, 40, 50 whatever. I've never had a top end seizure that wasn't my own fault (sucking a base gasket in and not wanting to wait for a tow out of the sand)

You'll find on the street your throttle will be only about 1/4 open at cruise speed, you'll never get rid of the surge completely no matter what others say.

I run 50:1, 17" wheels, 14 or 15/40. Don't ride like a pussy, but i'm not a pro either. When you do ride with pros, like a few of my friends are, you really realize how slow me and most other riders actually are.

There's a million different oils and ratios that a million more guys have had success with. That's my recipe and it works for me.

Another tip is keep a mixing bottle in your backpack and make 1/2 gal graduated marks on the side of your tank so if and when you have to mix fuel in your tank, you'll get the ratio as close as you can to perfect.
That's all good advice, the graduated tank is a nice trick I think I'll try, practical and simple - I like it :) my 500 has not seemed to care as I changed from 14/51 to 15/42 in gradual steps during an engine run in, these bikes are legends :) I'm going for a 40 rear next for sure, using the wire wheels 18/21 for now yet the interesting thing is the rolling diameter of an 18" 130/80 pirelli mt70 is almost the same as a 90/90 front death wing, the 17" wheels are way different and a 36/37 rear with 15 front will be a must. Jetting is just so much a thing to suit your hemisphere, your attitude - oh yeah altimeter and the temps on the day, could we have fuel injection please.. seriously bizarre but down here near the south pole our bikes just wont run lean pilots, i have 42-58 and cannot get the bike ride-able nicely below a 52 and now running a 55 with 180 main, that is so clean for cruise and roll on and idles sweet at 2.5 turns air yet wants a 58 which i am about to try and this is summer here 15c cold or 25-40c hot and at 1000 ft for test rides with up to 3000ft rides through the mountain passes nearby.
CR500 Enduro
2T500

Post by 2T500 »

Jetting and porting etc are so closely related with a big effect, I should have said i'm running an 87 engine and the porting was stock when i gave it to my engine builder, he blue prints and never changes the top of any port height for a good reason and that is he knows that he's not screwing with what the factory did, that suits me until i know better, blue printing i.e matching cases to cylinder and crank balancing are all good, mods beyond that then choose carefully who does it, read the list. the premix is going to be still a personal choice, i like 40:1 for residual oil in the engine if your to busy to ride and the bike sits but every bottle i buy says 50:1 and the Motul we use goes to 100:1
CR500 Enduro