CT hoon re-introduction

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
ctatv

CT hoon re-introduction

Post by ctatv »

Hey everybody, I have been signed up on here for a while but haven't been around very much. the last year or two I have been busy with a lot of that "life" crap we all have to deal with between riding. Needed to do a new top end in the CR500 close to 2 years ago and some other little things but never got around to it. Last winter I decided to tare it all down and do a full rebuild on the bike instead. I took it all apart and dropped the engine off at my engine guy but never went much further. a few weeks ago I decided to jump on this with plans of it being done sometime this winter and ready to roll for the riding season come spring time.

I have a 1990 CR500 setup for supermoto. Its registered and insured as a motorcycle here in CT and I used to ride it on the street with the 17s and in the dirt with a full knobbie tire/rim set as well. After this rebuild I am planning to keep it as only a street machine. down the road I would like to build myself an aluminum frame 500 and set that up for dirt (although I would still like to register it so I can hop from trail to trail without hassle)

A little about myself:

Born and raised in CT. I work in NYC these days, have an appartment in New Jersey, and spend my weekends back in CT where all my toys are. I have the CR500, a built up KLX110 pit bike, a Yamaha wolverine ATV, a jetboat, and a few other fun toys.

Here's a picture of my pit bike I just swapped over to supermoto setup. The KLX is the most recent addition to the stable. I will get some pics of the CR500 up as it goes together this winter. here is a pic of how it looked before I tore it down

and my baby bike lol...

1990 CR500 Street legal Supermoto
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Welcome back. :clink:
ctatv

Post by ctatv »

thanks I am getting really excited to get the big bike back together. I'm not cutting any corners this time with things. Seeing as I am a working person rather than a student now, thats easier to do.
1990 CR500 Street legal Supermoto