Recount your rebuilds here!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

ART made the oem pistons
Prox couldnt even make a replica of the ART, nevermind improve it
98cr500rider

Post by 98cr500rider »

I would not bet on that, the only fragmented pistons i have ever had in my 500's were the ART oem pistons from the Honda service kit supplied new with the bikes

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

i'm talking design, the prox bypasses at the exhasut even in stock ports = fail

it could be made out of the exact same material or better, doesnt matter, its a design failure, they couldnt even copy from the existing part :roll:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i dont think prox makes anything. just puts their name on stuff. i could be wrong though.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

its cast in the bottom. i've talked to prox before, i've talked with Nick jr at LA Sleeve about them too, actually he gave me their contact info.
They're now owned by the same corp that owns wiseco, doesnt mean it'll get better
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Is it " Pro-X" like "X-ray"

Or "Pro-Cross", like Moto "Cross"???

I hear it both ways, no one seems to know..
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

tomato tomato

who know, the proper way to pronounce the piston you want is ver-tex
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:
Who knows??? , The proper way to pronounce the piston you want is Ver-Tex
:cool:
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

Roostius_Maximus wrote: now the lazy intake charge needs more fuel to make it idle.
well then you better come tell my bike cause it sure acts stupid rich at idle.... :?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

if the pressure from the crankcase wasnt poping out to the pipe it'd get up and burn in the cylinder, needing less fuel in the air to do so.

ask kball about his recent prox issues, i'm not making shit up

I can buy them cheaper than anything else, I've tried to run them, I've failed them on being fuel hungry, pipe heating pieces of crap.

I have one I wont sell because its going to cause issues
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

my pro-x isn't as wide as the port, and when i put the PWK airstriker on it really leaned things out, but I've got it tuned alright now....been racing with it.

not ideal i suppose, and i won't make the same mistake again....

BUT, that motor runs hard. pulls much harder than a lot of 500's i've ridden.
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

south central hoon wrote:my pro-x isn't as wide as the port, and when i put the PWK airstriker on it really leaned things out, but I've got it tuned alright now....been racing with it.

not ideal i suppose, and i won't make the same mistake again....

BUT, that motor runs hard. pulls much harder than a lot of 500's i've ridden.
so what did you have to do to make it idle ? thanks for any help...
Roostius_Maximus wrote:if the pressure from the crankcase wasnt poping out to the pipe it'd get up and burn in the cylinder, needing less fuel in the air to do so.

ask kball about his recent prox issues, i'm not making shit up

I can buy them cheaper than anything else, I've tried to run them, I've failed them on being fuel hungry, pipe heating pieces of crap.

I have one I wont sell because its going to cause issues
i wasnt tryin to bust on you.. i believe what you say and im pissed i didnt know about this before spending my money on it... :cry:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

didnt mean to be lippy there,
I've talked personally to the techs at prox about it and they say they arent going to change it because no one else says its trouble :roll:
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:didnt mean to be lippy there,
I've talked personally to the techs at prox about it and they say they arent going to change it because no one else says its trouble :roll:
they be makin money so why change.... :?

i only have a gap on one side of my piston so ive only got half the problem of others.... :lol:
south central hoon

qkenuf4u wrote:
mine started out really lean with the PWK airstriker. just fattened up pilot, needle, and main and now its all good.

sounds like yours is fat though....get a PWK if you don't have one. night and day performance difference.
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

south central hoon wrote:
qkenuf4u wrote:
mine started out really lean with the PWK airstriker. just fattened up pilot, needle, and main and now its all good.

sounds like yours is fat though....get a PWK if you don't have one. night and day performance difference.
ya i took it up to a 48 and it idles longer but its back to lots of smoke and lots of fuel out the pipe/head.. im gonna take it back to a 42 (maybe the 45) and let it alone on the pilot.. ill have to save up and get the PWK sometime soon... :?
south central hoon

I'm running a 50, and with the fall temps i'm about to go up again. probably 52, or 55 for cold mornings.

if you have excess smoke and spooge when the bike is warm i'd revisit your needle settings. :wink:
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

south central hoon wrote:I'm running a 50, and with the fall temps i'm about to go up again. probably 52, or 55 for cold mornings.

if you have excess smoke and spooge when the bike is warm i'd revisit your needle settings. :wink:
stock 1368ns needle . set at #1 with shim (1.5) ...... need to talk to sudco (forgot to call them today) and see what they recommend... dont want to get to crazy with this carb since ive heard its gonna be a biatch no matter what to tune correctly since it doesnt have its own idle circuit... :? as i said ill save for the PWK eventually....