01 CR250 running for $1k, great for an AF conversion

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
Blusmbl

01 CR250 running for $1k, great for an AF conversion

Post by Blusmbl »

Sold my 01 steelie about a month ago, then got the bug to buy another 2 stroke. Found this thing, picked it up and immediately hated it.

Motor makes more noise than any dirtbike I've ever heard in my life, although it has decent power and the trans is alright. Will need bottom end work, not sure if it's just main bearings or needs a crank too.

$1k for anybody that posts here.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/2031309478.html

blusmbl@yahoo.com

-Nick
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

"Runs great, starts first kick. $1500 OBO."

Liar Liar, pant on fire.

Tell the truth in you ad, dont be a doosh.....
Blusmbl

Post by Blusmbl »

It's not lying, it does run great. It runs really clean and has plenty of power, better than a friend's 01 250, especially off the pipe. I've told the 2 people that have contacted me already that the bottom end is noisy. It's also listed well under blue book, and i fully anticipate to get lowballed on it further. If I don't mention the noise before somebody comes to look at it, than i agree i'm being a douche, but that isn't the case.

I specifically asked the previous owner if the motor made any unusual noises, and he said no. I wasn't thrilled when i drove an hour to see it and heard it run, but i bought it anyway. Cutting my losses before i dump a bunch of money into a bike i'm really not happy with.

-Nick
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

I have one of those and trust me, you WOULD be more than happy with a fresh motor.
I paid a grand for mine and put a new rear wheel, topend, bars and a back tire on it.
A whole lot less than a new bike.
$1000 bike
$375 rear wheel
$200 topend (can't remember)
$75 tire/tube
$75 bars
It's an acceleration rush equal to my 500.

Pull the pipe and make sure the piston is in the right way.
My buddy bought one for a grand because it didn't run right.
The fresh topend was put in backwards, too bad he didn't find out till it seized!
I laughed my ass off when that happened because he won't let a fuckin bike warm up, just screams it like a damn weedeater.
It wouldn't have helped of course but, it maybe would have given pause to check it out before the real damage happened.
Niner

Post by Niner »

I'll trade you. I live in Westland.
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... hp?t=10105