almost there.....

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
qkenuf4u

almost there.....

Post by qkenuf4u »

got the bottom end all buttoned up tonight... one thing i noticed with this engine is its a PITA to put i the frame.. have never had another 2 stroke dirt bike fight me like this thing does....ive had to pull the swing arm bolt and push the swing arm back to get this thing in twice now...
should i put the bottom end in first then put top end on ? im gonna torque top end once in bike anyways but just curious if anyone else has problems plopping this thing in the frame rails...

painted the cases gloss black with VHT... need to find a nice stator cover cause the plastic one looks like crap... :(

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

need to find a nice stator cover cause the plastic one looks like crap...
try and see it as a lightweight factory part :lol:

i have nightmares about smashing my crank on a rock thru the plastic tho :shock:
has that ever happened to anyone?????
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
plynn41

Re: almost there.....

Post by plynn41 »

qkenuf4u wrote: painted the cases gloss black with VHT... need to find a nice stator cover cause the plastic one looks like crap... :(

Looks good!
'88 PW50 - Connor
'03 YZ85 - Zach
'88 CR500R
'05 CRF250R (to get a heart transplant soon)
'10 Hot Rod Go Kart
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

complete motor goes easy in a steel frame. i found it easiest to pull off swingarm, install motor and put lower/front bolts through, install swingarm and bolt, attach head stay and bolt, tighten everything. done

can also put bottom end in frame and top end on later. either way works
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

100hp honda wrote:complete motor goes easy in a steel frame. i found it easiest to pull off swingarm, install motor and put lower/front bolts through, install swingarm and bolt, attach head stay and bolt, tighten everything. done

can also put bottom end in frame and top end on later. either way works
im glad you said that about moving the swing arm cause thats what ive had to do... never in all my life have i ever had a bike fight me like this on does putting a motor back in... :roll:
but its all back in and together/torqued. just waiting on exhaust and carb to show up and i can fire this monster off for its first heat cycle/leak test... :P

qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

played with it a bit more today and found it wouldnt shift at all....i ALWAYS make sure they shift before putting case halves together so i figured it was screwed up with the shift mechanism behind the clutch somehow.. so off came all the side cover stuf.. :? :roll: ,off came the clutch basket etc... messed with shift drum selector hub and found it hadnt seated/or moved when i tighted the bolt down.. got it set in place and all works perfect now... :D
pipe will be here this week.. now sure whats up with the carb that was supposed to be sent to me. i can fire it off on the one that came with the bike but it needs replaced (needle jet is worn oblong) .....
got the front rim painted. now need to order my tires so this things sitting on two so i can start it like a normal bike... :P
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sweet. keep the post updated :cool:
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

100hp honda wrote:sweet. keep the post updated :cool:
PIPE showed up but the bends different so it doesnt fit.. gonna have to find some MAP gas and see if i can tweak it to fit.... (really only need to make one bend i think) ill fire it off on the FATTY that was on it but the FATTY has a huge dent in it and i dont know how to remove a dent.. :?:

got a PM back on carb and its on its way also :cool:

ordered my tires tonight so it will be on rubber in a week or so.. gonna look like an actual tard in a week or so... hope to fire it off real soon.. ill have a vid of its first start.. gonnna be a freakin BEAR to start from the feel of it.. jerry put TINY compression dimples thingys in the cylinders so its got 98%+ compression above that piston... :shock:
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

old pipe and we have spark...
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

nice build going to be a rough ride tho
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sweet. ride report without tires ?? :lol:
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

100hp honda wrote:sweet. ride report without tires ?? :lol:
gregrobo wrote:nice build going to be a rough ride tho
TIRES are on the way..well soon as they ship them..... then it might actually look like a grown up motard... :lol:
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

just do the good ol traditional kick.. find tdc go back to the top with the kicker and jump on that sum bitch.. usually lights first or 2nd kick after 2 slow primer kicks :D Dont do that rabbit kick shit you will kill your leg in no time lol.

Sorry bout the carb bud i have been swamped with work and server swaps its been nutz lately.. :D Glad you got it though... I would recommend going with a PWK much easier to tune and more noticeable power all around with the 41 from sudco, but that pj will definatley get you riding in no time. The jetting in it should work ok my bike ran on it just fine however it didnt idle just the way it was tuned. Doesnt run lean or spooge and had plenty of power overall on my setup.. but im sure you will end up changing things.

Bike is lookin good.. i need to find me another one im jonesin again!!
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

ISBB wrote:just do the good ol traditional kick.. find tdc go back to the top with the kicker and jump on that sum bitch.. usually lights first or 2nd kick after 2 slow primer kicks :D Dont do that rabbit kick shit you will kill your leg in no time lol.

Sorry bout the carb bud i have been swamped with work and server swaps its been nutz lately.. :D Glad you got it though... I would recommend going with a PWK much easier to tune and more noticeable power all around with the 41 from sudco, but that pj will definatley get you riding in no time. The jetting in it should work ok my bike ran on it just fine however it didnt idle just the way it was tuned. Doesnt run lean or spooge and had plenty of power overall on my setup.. but im sure you will end up changing things.

Bike is lookin good.. i need to find me another one im jonesin again!!
thanks
ya its not my first big bore... second cr500 motard to be exact and had an old 81 yz465....
ya the carb is soaking now and im gonna figure out the pilot once its up and running.. i hate it when they dont idle cause ive never owned one yet that wouldnt idle all day long till it overheated and blew up.. :wink:
thanks again
money will bein the mail tomorrow to ya..
thanks
lance
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

my PWK idled like a dream... that PJ i farted with it and just said screw it lol.. wanted the bigger carb anyhow and was tearin the bike down so i just said fk it ill throw it on the shelf in case of emergency :D
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

ISBB wrote:my PWK idled like a dream... that PJ i farted with it and just said screw it lol.. wanted the bigger carb anyhow and was tearin the bike down so i just said fk it ill throw it on the shelf in case of emergency :D
ya ive got it better but really just need the PWK but its not in the checkbook at this time.. :?

as it sits right now.... the kickstand came out AWESOME !! will work perfect...