new mustang

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

NICE
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

oh yea, no smoke either
so when you see some homos in spandex on their pedal bikes you dont want to leave a black/blue cloud so thick that they have to stop and wait for it to clear before they can start pedaling again :shock: you must live in california :roll:
i dont care that much about power because speeding tickets are expensive here and id rather spend that $$$ on my bike, or put it towards a sled

and i like the detroit because you can pour used motor oil in the tank and itl work fine and last too, all you gotta do is filter the chunks out that = a new tire for my bike every 2 weeks instead of 4
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob wrote:
100hp honda wrote: :cool:. got to admit that dragster is fukin badass
That roadster sucks.... That D/D is makin' about 450 hp.

This is a 1200 hp Duramax.... oh yea, no smoke either.
that detroit was less than 1 second slower, looks like 1970, probly built by some farmer fuk on a measly budget and trailored in with a 1976 ford ranchero..... that detroit is BAD :cool:
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

"The Camaro provides decent acceleration, but it’s not as readily available. The car rides well enough but it’s almost 300 pounds heavier than the Mustang. Handling is considerably less agile, and the powertrain is rather lackluster. As we found in the V8 Camaro, the snug cabin has a closed-in feel and limited visibility."

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/maga ... /index.htm

Handling and cabin apply to the SS also.

:stir:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

LOL, as long as we're keeping the ford v chevy debate going... My neighbor bought a '10 silverado 1500 4x4. Last week he ordered some 33" tires (actually smaller, 285 by something, like 32.5") and the lift needed to clear those tires. I helped him install the "lift" last weekend. it needed 3.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear to be leveled and clear 33s.
Let me start off by saying my f-150 needed a $55 set of strut spacers to add 2.5" in front and it could clear some 35s, my tires were 34", the leveling kit took less than and hour to install.

This kit required different upper control arms, the spindles had to be drilled, the front diff dropped, then cooling fins trimmed off the front diff, studs shaved down, crossmember dropped, strut spacers, block for the rear, blocks for the front diff, etc.etc.
It took all damn weekend and he had to tear his brand new truck the fuck apart to clear a very basic offroad sized tire :roll: and all the while we all got covered in the grease crap that chevy uses as undercoat, it ruined my clothes. My f-150 was a peice of cake to clear bigger tires than he got and my f250 can clear 35s without any mods. I sure as hell know I wouldn't want to grind, cut and drill my brand new truck :roll:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

it ruined my clothes :cry:
sorry couldnt resist, but really why would anyone lift a IFS truck, chances itl never see the mud :roll: and if it does itl fall apart
i do like the chevys for being as smooth as a caddy
and hate the ford and dodge for their shitty ride, but for 4X4 there better, (solid axle)
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

these year f350 could fit bigger tires without doing anything. seen one around here with big ass tires, seems like the dude said it was 6" lift clearing 38's easy. 6" lift on this truck is probly eqauvalent to 10" on chevy.

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

2strokeforever wrote:
it ruined my clothes :cry:
sorry couldnt resist, but really why would anyone lift a IFS truck, chances itl never see the mud :roll: and if it does itl fall apart
i do like the chevys for being as smooth as a caddy
and hate the ford and dodge for their shitty ride, but for 4X4 there better, (solid axle)
My f-150 was IFS. Just seems to me ford thinks more about what people will do with the truck instead of keeping 245 series tires on them to keep the fleet managers happy.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

I somehow got "unsubbed" from this thread, I thought it died shortly after my last post, but I was wrong! I forgot to take pictures before we turned the Mustang back in. We had a 2011 for a few weeks. White, convertible.

Pros:
6 banger engine was pretty peppy.

Dam good size trunk for a 'vert.

Handled pretty well, responsive steering.

Brakes were nice.

Cons:
Interior had several different color trims and the dash didnt match the rest of the interior, looked "thrown together at the last minute".

F*RD's door/window design requires the windows to automatically roll down a 1/2 inch whenever you open a door, then roll back up right after you close it, buy stock in window regulators!

I forgot to verify, but im guessing the car is "throttle by wire" as the throttle response is TERRIBLE! I sure as hell hope the much faster V8 versions are better or there will be MANY wrapped around light poles, especially in rainy/snowy areas.

The top opens and closes decently fast, BUT never lined up the same way twice so it was a bitch to "latch".

No matter where you tilt the wheel its either comfortable AND blocking the gauges, or its up way to high, but you can see the gauges, reaaallly annoying.

You HAVE to drop the top or a semi could be next to you and you wouldnt see it. With that said, with the top down your rear view is still 60% blocked my the ass of the car. But at least you can see sideways well.

Im 6'4" and my buddy is barely 6", we had our knees DANGEROUSLY up on the dash and our shorty girl friends still were wedged (literally) in the back seat with their knees against the backs of the front seats.

If I didnt drop the top my head rubbed the roof. My 93 HONDA Civic hatch LITERALLY had about 35% more cab space! No bull! (especially the back seat)

The "look" gets worse every year. The late 60's fastbacks were one of the all time coolest looking cars, but these late model "wanna bees" look like the back side of my hairy balls, but worse...
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Cons:
Its a FERD...
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Just curious - what were you doing in a white convertible V6 Mustang in the 1st place? Isn't that sacrilege for you? :lol:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

hoofarted wrote:Just curious - what were you doing in a white convertible V6 Mustang in the 1st place?
Because his Miata was in the shop....

hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Travis

Post by Travis »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Travis

89 CR500
01 Banshee
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

hoofarted wrote:Just curious - what were you doing in a white convertible V6 Mustang in the 1st place? Isn't that sacrilege for you? :lol:
Cuz my girlfriend isnt very good at drafting... :roll:

Believe me, I was hoping a Camaro would come back so I could swap.

Wook, the Miata has wayyy more interior room! :wink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Mrs. MFDB's first day on the new job....

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

M.F.D.B. wrote:I somehow got "unsubbed" from this thread, I thought it died shortly after my last post, but I was wrong! I forgot to take pictures before we turned the Mustang back in. We had a 2011 for a few weeks. White, convertible.

Pros:
6 banger engine was pretty peppy.

Dam good size trunk for a 'vert.

Handled pretty well, responsive steering.

Brakes were nice.

Cons:
Interior had several different color trims and the dash didnt match the rest of the interior, looked "thrown together at the last minute".

F*RD's door/window design requires the windows to automatically roll down a 1/2 inch whenever you open a door, then roll back up right after you close it, buy stock in window regulators!

I forgot to verify, but im guessing the car is "throttle by wire" as the throttle response is TERRIBLE! I sure as hell hope the much faster V8 versions are better or there will be MANY wrapped around light poles, especially in rainy/snowy areas.

The top opens and closes decently fast, BUT never lined up the same way twice so it was a bitch to "latch".

No matter where you tilt the wheel its either comfortable AND blocking the gauges, or its up way to high, but you can see the gauges, reaaallly annoying.

You HAVE to drop the top or a semi could be next to you and you wouldnt see it. With that said, with the top down your rear view is still 60% blocked my the ass of the car. But at least you can see sideways well.

Im 6'4" and my buddy is barely 6", we had our knees DANGEROUSLY up on the dash and our shorty girl friends still were wedged (literally) in the back seat with their knees against the backs of the front seats.

If I didnt drop the top my head rubbed the roof. My 93 HONDA Civic hatch LITERALLY had about 35% more cab space! No bull! (especially the back seat)

The "look" gets worse every year. The late 60's fastbacks were one of the all time coolest looking cars, but these late model "wanna bees" look like the back side of my hairy balls, but worse...
yeah, they are drive by wire and that lag is to meet emissions :roll: one of the main reasons I tuned the f-250. The v8 was very responsive though. I do have to agree with the lack of visibility, mustangs have never really had good visibilty out the back toward the blind spot.
I test drove the v8 hardtop with a dude who was about 6'2" and easily 280lb and we were both very comfortable. They do actually put different seats in the v6 for girls :wink: was the same way with my moms '00 convertable v6 stang, I would feel my hair touch the convertable top, but I drove v8s of the same body and the ergos were much better suited for a 6'+ dude. seriously, drive a v8 with a roof :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

oh, if I remember correctly, when I hopped in the '10 camaro my buddy at work has, the windows did the same 1/2" drop...
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote:oh, if I remember correctly, when I hopped in the '10 camaro my buddy at work has, the windows did the same 1/2" drop...
Uh oh, thats nearly a deal breaker...

As far as the seats, I understand they may be "taller" for girls, but I doubt the backs are thicker so that doesnt change the fact that if someone sits behind me, they are hating life, something that never happend in my Civic. Tell me how you can fit 4 adults in a 93 Hatchback comfortably, with ample head room and leg room, but you cant do that in a much larger Mustystang? (and quite possibly the Camaro, I dont know yet, only sat in the front and didnt drive it)

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

well, you don't buy a mustang or camaro for the roomy back seat. the back seat is either for kids (don't need much room anyway) or drunk buddies who need a ride home (who cares if they are confortable) :wink: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote:well, you don't buy a mustang or camaro for the roomy back seat
True, your wifey is pretty small and fits into most back seats... :wink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

M.F.D.B. wrote: True, your wifey is pretty small and fits into most glove boxes... :wink:
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves