dont post much, but here is my bikes progress.

Recount your rebuilds here!
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

youd think a lip would mess with flow and fuel build up etc.... let me know what you find out... boots are dime a dozen
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

should of had mike do the porting. he knows the right combination to get +9hp from that pipe. seems silly to run it on a stock motor. it was never intended to be used like that.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

porting has already been done :cool:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

100hp honda wrote:should of had mike do the porting. he knows the right combination to get +9hp from that pipe. seems silly to run it on a stock motor. it was never intended to be used like that.
:roll:

r1yfz, whats ur phone #?
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

pm sent roost
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:
100hp honda wrote:should of had mike do the porting. he knows the right combination to get +9hp from that pipe. seems silly to run it on a stock motor. it was never intended to be used like that.

r1yfz, whats ur phone #?
+5.5 is respectable given the circumstances of how it was used but theres even more to be had with the cpi. since mike created the pipe, only makes sense he could point you in the right direction how to get best results :wink:.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

100hp honda wrote:
Roostius_Maximus wrote:

r1yfz, whats ur phone #?
+5.5 is respectable given the circumstances of how it was used but theres even more to be had with the cpi. since mike created the pipe, only makes sense he could point you in the right direction how to get best results :wink:.
mike claimed 9hp gains were over competitor pipes on otherwise stock bikes..... im shure he knows what works for his builds, and having a good hook up with him i could of gotten it done but from what glenn had to say my port job didnt look to shabby but yes there was a little room for improvement
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

suit yourself brotha but i can asure you ill get alot more than 5.5 with that cpi on my AF.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

100hp honda wrote:suit yourself brotha but i can asure you ill get alot more than 5.5 with that cpi on my AF.
no doubt.... post your results... ill be hitting the dyno within a week! we leave the 26th...

Wish i had the PC to compare it to. Owell im shure the CPI will have the best results in the sand wich is the only place i ride!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

not to sound like a broken record but just saying you should talk to mike if your only seeing +5. that pipe has more in it than that :D .

good luck at the dunes. im hopeing also to ride somewhere next weekend on memorial :cool:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Clyde, IF the engine i'd put it on was stock and it gained that i'd be surprised, seeing as how the engine had gained 1hp, and 7ftlbs with only porting THAT DIDNT INVOLVE CHANGING PORT LOCATIONS OR SIZE, i'd say the pipe showed exactly what it was going to do, and for you to want to run it with no silencer is absolutely stupid. We tried it and it didnt change the cpi hp, but further dropped the torque 18ftlbs from what the fatty had done!

wtf "circumstances" was it used under?
as far as i know the circumstances were:
WFO+properly jetted
how else should it be used?
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:dont be too eagar at blending the boot to the carb! i did 1 and am trying another thats 1/2 what it needs. We've been seeing them pickup hp with an edge left, more results to follow....
what was your final determination?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

on the 500 a blended boot works best, its tough to do nice, i use a 3/8 single cut carbide oval burr to do it, blend it off nice with no edge.

on a 125 leave a shelf in the boot, on a harley leave a shelf in the boot. :roll: and on a crf450 it doesnt matter either way