T wrench

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
maddog1927

T wrench

Post by maddog1927 »

There are a couple of wrenches I use around the shop I wanted to tell you guys about. 1st is a t handle ratchet set I got from the home depot for about $10. The shaft is adjustable from short to long, comes with complete sockets to 10mm and 3/8, plus some common screw driver type ends. I use it for everything form dirt bike body work to removing sheet metal screws from AC units. The center shaft is removable and makes a great long shank for a screw gun when in need. It is definitely a low quality tool. The ratcheting handle binds often, and the sockets are not snap on... but all in all it is a handy tool at low cost.

The other is a Plumbers Torque wrench. It is used to tighten no hub couplings, essentially hose clamps. They are available in 60 and 80 inch pound models. The 60 inch pound has a 5/16 hex end which works well on 8mm body bolts. Pros are you get 8mm head screws very tight, but don’t strip. Cons are tool is a bit spendy, and only ratchets on the tighten. You must use as a t handle wrench to loosen.