"no pressure"

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
NightBiker07

"no pressure"

Post by NightBiker07 »

dont be pressured into cutting emissions.....

oh, this video was made by the progressive left.....if the vid doesnt work, ill find it again,...."they" are trying to scrub it from the internet.....we wont let em!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Mw5_EB ... r_embedded[/youtube]
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

LOL!!! I bet they would do that if they could get away with it.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Thats insane... I gotta find out who paid for that.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

As you may have heard, last week, 10:10 made a mistake by releasing a short film about cutting carbon which was supposed to be humourous but in the event upset a lot of people. We quickly realised that we had made a serious mistake and took it down from our website within hours.

We also issued a statement apologising but there has subsequently been quite a lot of negative comment, particularly on blogs, and understandable concern from others working hard to build support for action on climate change.

We are also sorry to our corporate sponsors, delivery partners and board members, who have been implicated in this situation despite having no involvement in the film’s production or release

I am very sorry for our mistake and want to reassure you that we will do everything in our power to ensure it does not happen again.

10:10 is a young and creative team but we will learn lessons from this. We are going to investigate what happened, review our processes and procedures, and share the results with our partners. Responsibility for this process is being taken by the 10:10 board of directors.

This media coverage for this film was not the kind of publicity we wanted ( No Shit!!!!) for the cause of saving the climate, nor for 10:10, and we certainly didn’t mean to do anything to distract from all the efforts of those in other organisations who are working so hard to secure effective action on climate change.

If you have been in touch with us personally about the film, we will be replying to individual emails over the next few days. I’m sorry not to have emailed you about this more quickly - although I have followed developments closely, I’ve been working from home with a four-week-old baby. I thank you for your patience and your support for the 10:10 campaign.

Eugenie Harvey

Director 10:10 UK

hello@1010uk.org
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

if they could get away with it, they would do it. THE LEFT IS SHOWING YOU WHAT THEY WANT TO DO TO YOU, yet people ignore it......
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

"We are also sorry to our corporate sponsors, delivery partners and board members, who have been implicated in this situation despite having no involvement in the film’s production or release."

If the people who are "Implicated" had there way they would do almost exactly that, perhaps behind closed doors. Funny as I see it,... probably the people who produced the film would be what I consider on my/our side of the Going Green conspiracy.

A couple of years ago I was told to invest in the Greenies. Interesting my Science and Technology side of my 401K has the most gains. :shock:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

"Green" technology has never poven to be green.

A Prius is the latest example...

I stumbled across an article concerning the emergence of hybrid vehicles and potential environmental damage that these vehicles cause. There was a study called “Dust to Dust” performed by CNW Research which is a privately funded research organization. There were some staggering conclusions born of this report and the environmental activists have launched a firestorm campaign to discredit the findings.

One example of environmental responsibility is the Toyota Prius. Because of the popularity of this vehicle as a banner of responsible environmentalism, the study specifically studied the energy cost of owning a Prius. This study used real world fuel efficiency data and over 3,000 data points concerning pre-production, production, operation and disposal costs to generate an over all cost per mile in energy of each vehicle.

What the study revealed is that owning and driving a Toyota Prius for 100,000 miles is more environmentally destructive that owning and driving a Hummer for 300,000 miles. Shocking? It really was to me too, but their data seems sound upon further investigation.

One of the things considered in the manufacture of the Prius is that it operates on nickel based batteries that will have to be replaced at times over the life of the vehicle. The nickel is mined and smelted in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada and is an environmental disaster. I quote from a commentary about the “Dust to Dust” report:

“The nickel for the battery, for instance, is mined in Sudbury, Ontario, and smelted at nearby Nickel Centre, just north of the province's massive Georgian Bay.

Toyota buys about 1,000 tons of nickel from the facility each year, ships the nickel to Wales for refining, then to China, where it's manufactured into nickel foam, and then onto Toyota's battery plant in Japan.

That alone creates a globe-trotting trail of carbon emissions that ought to seriously concern everyone involved in the fight against global warming. All told, the start-to-finish journey travels more than 10,000 miles - mostly by container ship, but also by diesel locomotive.

But it's not just the clouds of greenhouse gases generated by all that smelting, refining, manufacturing and transporting that worries green activists. The 1,250-foot-tall smokestack that spews huge puffs of sulphur-dioxide at the Sudbury mine and smelter operation has left a large swath of the surrounding area looking like a surrealistic scene from the depths of hell.

On the perimeter of the area, skeletons of trees and bushes stand like ghostly sentinels guarding a sprawling wasteland. Astronauts in training for NASA actually have practiced driving moon buggies on the suburban Sudbury tract because it's considered a duplicate of the Moon's landscape.

"The acid rain around Sudbury was so bad it destroyed all the plants, and the soil slid down off the hillside," David Martin, Greenpeace's energy coordinator in Canada, told the London Daily Mail.

"The solution they came up with was the Superstack. The idea was to dilute pollution, but all it did was spread the fallout across northern Ontario," Martin told the British newspaper, adding that Sudbury remains "a major environmental and health problem. The environmental cost of producing that car battery is pretty high."
This is the unseen cost of these hybrids that some would have us ignore. There are more, but that one fact serves as a fine example. The study concluded that the cost per mile of the champion vehicle for environmentalism, the Prius, was $3.53 per mile average with a maximum of $4.08. This is surprising when you consider that my Ford F-150 full sized truck scored and average of $2.47 per mile and a maximum of $2.73. My wife’s Ford Expedition was a heavy hitter at an average of $3.16 per mile and a maximum of $3.40, but I am glad to say it was the lowest in all the of the large SUV class. Still that's less than the cost of the most championed savior of the planet in the automotive industry, the Toyota Prius. (All information in this paragraph is taken from medium and maximum cost per mile table beginning on page 288 of the “Dust to Dust” PDF file.)

Don’t buy the lie. We do not know enough about the process that goes into the development and production of these newer technologies to full evaluate their impact on the environment. We are being sold a bill of sale based on pseudo-science and driven by an agenda from Toyota that is anything but good for this country or this planet.
"What a long strange trip its been"

Read more: http://forums.motortrend.com/70/6618120 ... z11WlPuqxK

The government has NEVER created wealth, it only takes it, and redistributes it.

If "Greenines" really wanted to help the plantet, they would sterilize every female in Bangledesh.....

Population: 164 million
Area: 55,000 Sq. Miles
Population density: 3,000 people per square mile...

Yea, no shit. Want to get laid? Go to Bangledesh. The Beatles did!

Canada has

Pop: 33 Million
Area: 4 million Sq. Miles
Population density: 8 people per sq. mile.

The US should limit Blacks and Mexicans to 4 kids each... and I'm being real fukin' generous right there....

The problem isnt resources and poultion.... its friggin' people.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Ya know, the green thing is another attempt to enslave and rob us from the left.
They typically do everything by emotion thereby getting broad support.
Who doesn't want a clean earth, who doesn't want to feed and shelter children?
I want a clean planet too but I don't want to cut off my nose, to spite my face.
I'm sick of it.
I think I'll just sucker punch the next one that I come across.
I know I'll feel better.