Franks 06 CRF250 Conversion

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

NICE!!!!!
homenf

Post by homenf »

Gave up on dickin with the jetting. I need this thing running good by next weekend and ran out of test time. I ordered a JD jet kit and the stiffer front springs. I'll post the settings that work when it's dialed.
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

"I'd give you my two cents on this hope and change thing, but I can't afford to anymore."
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

Good work!

I wonder how the loudmouth airfilter kit runs on the 2 stroke.
The filter surface area looks like it will be much smaller, more suited for a 4 stroke?

JD sells a jet kit for modified CR500's?

Have you considered a PWK and intellijet?

The PWK is worlds better than the PJ IMO.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

You paid $80 for some jets?

:rotfl:
homenf

Post by homenf »

AlisoBob wrote:You paid $80 for some jets?

:rotfl:
I've heard nothing but good from the guys that run them, But I might have paid $80 for a needle. I just ran out of time to f with it. Everyone else takes the settings they give and they work great. The needles are where the difference is. The jets arn't anything special.
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

"I'd give you my two cents on this hope and change thing, but I can't afford to anymore."
homenf

Post by homenf »

dubious01 wrote:Good work!

I wonder how the loudmouth airfilter kit runs on the 2 stroke.
The filter surface area looks like it will be much smaller, more suited for a 4 stroke?

JD sells a jet kit for modified CR500's?

Have you considered a PWK and intellijet?

The PWK is worlds better than the PJ IMO.
I have an extra PWK on the shelf. What is better on it?
Lots of guys say a good running PJ is just as good and lots say the PWK is the way to go. I'm just trying to get it clean as possible then I'll know for sure what the other changes make.
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

homenf

Post by homenf »

Second race on this thing was a great improvement. JD jets don't have a setting like in the service manual. It is still trial and error with base setting. I think the stock needle would have worked fine. Either way I'm stoked as shit riding now! Jetting is clean clean!

The stiffer fork springs (.48) made a huge difference after the track got all beat up. I stayed high in the stroke and the acceleration/braking bumps didn't get sent to the bars like before.

The new problem is it accelerates so hard, when there are large acceleration bumps I get crazy headshake. The second moto I had to just putt around due to this. Steering stabilizer time.

Ear to ear grins. I just need to get in full race shape (about half there now), get a stabilizer and I will own my class.

Any tips for starts would be much appreciated! Concrete and dirt starts. I do think using the stock width wheel from a 250f is messing with my holeshots. I have a free 450 wheel I'll be lacing up after my tire gets wore out. I think the extra traction is needed.

Thanks again to all the people before me who built, posted on their builds and the guys I got parts/material from. I'm lovin it!
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

homenf

Post by homenf »

Just got a call and my custom graphics are done!
I'll post the new pics asap. Black plastics, Evil reptile graphics and a new black seat cover! I thought it scared people before and now it will look scary too.
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

homenf

Post by homenf »

94 CR125
06 CR500AF